Polk Audio Signature S20 Bookshelf Speakers (Washed Black Walnut)
FeaturesDynamic Balance Drivers:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur.
- Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to.
- The Polk Signature S20 bookshelf loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and one 6.5" woofer.
Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter:
- The Signature S20 bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
6.5" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofer:
- The Signature S20 bookshelf speaker employs one 6.5" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofer for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass.
- This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofer features a butyl rubber surround, massive ceramic motor structure, and a high-temperature Conex fiber spider that combine to create a driver of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology:
- The Signature S20 bookshelf incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed rear-firing port.
- Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
- The bookshelf speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration.
- And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound.
- The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration.
- The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille:
- The Signature S20 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound.
- The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the bookshelf speaker.
- The bookshelf speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofer, creating a lifelike soundstage.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The bookshelf loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire.
- The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
Applications & Placement:
- The Signature S20 bookshelf speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup.
- They can also be used in a simple stereo application.
- If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S20 should be set to "Small" to filter out low bass frequencies.
Placement for Front Speakers:
- As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them.
Placement for Surround Speakers:
- As surround speakers, the S20 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind and above the listening position.
- If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall above the listening area.
- The S20 bookshelf loudspeakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet so they will sit safely and securely on your speaker stands or shelf.
- The included rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of the speaker.
- The bookshelf speaker does not include any type of provisions for wall-mounting.
- Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price.
- Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor.
- The Signature Series by Polk consists of two center-channel speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, and three tower speakers.