Polk Audio S55 Tower Speaker Pair American HiFi Home Theater Signature Series.
Dynamic Balance Drivers:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur.
- Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to.
- The Polk Signature S55 floor-standing loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and two 6.5" woofers.
Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter:
- The Signature S55 floor-standing loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
Dual 6.5" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofers:
- The Signature S55 floor-standing speaker employs two 6.5" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass.
- This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofers feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology:
- The Signature S55 floor-standing incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed down-firing port.
- Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
- Because the port is located on the bottom of the floor-standing speaker, its not necessary to position to the loudspeaker a certain amount of feet from wall - giving you greater placement flexibility.
- The floor-standing speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration.
- And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound.
- The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration.
- The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille:
- The Signature S55 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound.
- The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the floor-standing speaker.
- The floor-standing speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts:
- The floor-standing loudspeaker has two sets of 5-way binding posts connected by jumpers.
- Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
Dual-Floor Compatible Feet:
- Customized for improved stability and bass coupling to the floor, the floor-standing loudspeaker's feet are designed for both carpet and hard floors. The feet come pre-installed and should not be removed.
Applications & Placement:
- The Signature S55 floor-standing speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup.
- They can also be used in a simple stereo application.
- If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S55 should be set to "Large" for an unfiltered, full-range audio signal.
Placement for Front Speakers:
- As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them.
Placement for Surround Speakers:
- As surround speakers, the S55 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind the listening position.
- If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall just behind the listening area.
- Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price.
- Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor.