Polk Audio S35 Slim Center Speaker American HiFi Home Cinema Signature Series
A flexible, high-performance home theater speaker
- Polk's Signature S35 was designed for maximum versatility, with horizontal or vertical placement options.
- It performs equally well as a left, right, or center channel speaker.
- You can mount it on your wall or simply rest it on your TV stand.
- It's a great choice for high-impact surround sound and detailed high-resolution stereo music.
- And its sleek, stylish design makes it an attractive addition to your living room.
Polk Signature S35 L/C/R speaker
- The S35 is made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound.
- Housed within its cabinet is a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of vocals.
- Six highly efficient 3" Dynamic Balance® woofers are made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene.
- The non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinet and anti-diffraction grille provide an acoustically inert structure for reduced sonic interference.
- Polk's exclusive Power Port technology adds low-end impact.
Dynamic Balance Drivers:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur.
- Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to.
- The Polk Signature S35 center-channel loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance multi-driver array with one 1" tweeter and six 3" woofers.
- The Signature S35 center-channel loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for improved vocals in movies and music.
- It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- The Signature S35 center-channel speaker employs six 3" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene midrange cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange.
- These mica-reinforced polypropylene midranges feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology:
- The Signature S35 center-channel incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with two specially designed rear-firing ports.
- Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
- The center-channel speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration.
- And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound.
- The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration.
- The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille:
- The Signature S35 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound.
- The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the center speaker.
- The center-channel speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The center-channel loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire.
- The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
- The Signature S35's primary use is as a center-channel loudspeaker for home theater applications.
- But, it can also be used as a left and right front or rear speaker in stereo and home theater setups.
- If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S35 should be set to "Small" to filter out low bass frequencies.
Placement & Mounting Options:
- The Signature S35 can be mounted horizontally as a center channel speaker, under or above your flat-panel TV.
- You can simply place the center-channel speaker on a table-top or shelf, or wall-mount the center-channel using its integrated keyhole slots on the back.
- Because the S35 is only 4.1875" tall, it will not block the screen or IR remote of most TVs (the included rubber increase the height of speaker by 0.125").
- The speaker can also be wall-mounted vertically using the integrated keyhole slots.
- A wall-mount template is provided (mounting screws not included).
- The speaker cannot be mounted vertically on a table-top or shelf (only wall-mounted vertically).
- Build a complete Signature system
- Add more Polk Signature speakers for seamless surround sound.
- Bookshelf speakers: Polk Signature S10, Polk Signature S15, and Polk Signature S20
- Floor-standing speakers: Polk Signature S50, Polk Signature S55, or Polk Signature S60
- Round out the low end with a Polk powered subwoofer.