Polk Audio S15 Bookshelf Speaker Pair American HiFi Home Theater Signature Series
Dynamic Balance Drivers:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur.
- Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to.
- The Polk Signature S15 bookshelf loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and one 5.25" woofer.
Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter:
- The Signature S15 bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
5.25" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofer:
- The Signature S15 bookshelf speaker employs one 5.25" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofer for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass.
- This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofer features a butyl rubber surround, massive ceramic motor structure, and a high-temperature Conex fiber spider that combine to create a driver of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology:
- The Signature S15 bookshelf incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed rear-firing port.
- Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
- The bookshelf speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration.
- And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound.
- The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration.
- The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille:
- The Signature S15 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound.
- The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove