Polk Audio RTI A7 Tower Speaker Pair 300w x 2 Power Output
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Polymer Composite Woofers:
- The speaker features two 7" polymer composite woofers. Two 7" woofers have the surface area of a single large woofer with the low mass and acceleration of small woofers, resulting in tighter, more accurate bass response. Each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
Polymer Composite Midranges:
- The speaker has one 6-1/2" polymer composite midranges for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- For high performance durability, the midrange uses a butyl rubber surround.
- The speaker has a single 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter that provides clear, detailed highs.
- The tweeter features mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers to extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- The tweeter also features low viscosity ferro-fluid cooling with a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- The speakers are magnetically shielded, allowing you to place them near your television without distorting the picture.
Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate (DAHLI) Cabinet Design:
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures a resonance-free enclosure for accurate sound.
- The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system.
- The elegant styling aside, curved cabinets not only result in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances.
Power Port Venting System:
- The speaker has a rear-firing Power Port venting system built into its back plate for precise deep bass response.
- This venting system allows air velocity to slow gradually, vastly reducing air turbulence, and delivering greater bass efficiency than conventional ports.
Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC):
- Internal cabinet resonance can impart a "thick" character to voices.
- Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control port system overcomes this problem.
- In addition to the Power Port venting system, each speaker has a front-firing port that is tuned to suppress the internal cabinet resonance, resulting in smooth, natural midrange reproduction.
- The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts:
- The speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers.
- Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
Adjustable Leveling Spike Feet:
- The adjustable leveling spike feet that can be screwed onto the bottom of the speaker's attached base provide stability on any type of flooring.
- The spike feet adds approximately 0.875" to the speaker's overall height when screwed all the way in.
Specifications & Dimensions
- The overall frequency response is 20Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 35-26kHz.
- The main body of the speaker is 8.6875" wide but the speakers attached feet extend beyond each side of the speaker, giving the speaker and overall width of 10.6875".