Polk Audio RTi A1 Bookshelf Speaker Pair
- Treat yourself to detailed, accurate sound with Polk's compact RTi A1 bookshelf speakers.
- They feature Polk's exclusive Dynamic Balance® drivers for smooth accurate response.
- Plus the woofers and tweeters undergo careful laser testing to help identify and eliminate unwanted resonances that can hinder a speaker's performance.
- The RTi A1s do a great job with stereo music on their own, or you can team them with a powered subwoofer for even better bass.
- Or use two pairs as your home theater's front and surround speakers for dynamic, detailed movie sound.
- For larger rooms, the RTi A1s work perfectly as surrounds in combination with RTi tower front speakers.
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Polymer Composite Woofers:
- Each speaker features a 5-1/4" polymer composite woofer for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- For high performance durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- Each speaker has a 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter that provides clear, detailed highs.
- Each tweeter features mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers to extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Each tweeter features low viscosity ferro-fluid cooling with a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- The overall frequency response is 50Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 60-26kHz.
Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate (DAHLI) Cabinet Design:
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures a resonance-free enclosure for accurate sound.
- The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system.
- The elegant styling aside, curved cabinets not only result in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances.
Power Port Venting System:
- Each speaker has a rear-firing Power Port venting system built into its back plate for precise deep bass response.
- This venting system allows air velocity to slow gradually, vastly reducing air turbulence, and delivering greater bass efficiency than conventional ports.
Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC):
- Internal cabinet resonance can impart a "thick" character to voices.
- Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control port system overcomes this problem.
- In addition to the Power Port venting system, each speaker has a front-firing port that is tuned to suppress the internal cabinet resonance, resulting in smooth, natural midrange reproduction.
- The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts:
- Each speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers.
- Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
- The Power Port back plate on each speaker has a keyhole slot, allowing the speaker to be mounted on the wall using the supplied 2-1/2" wood screws.
- The speakers are magnetically shielded, allowing you to place them near your television without distorting the picture.