Polk Audio RC85i In-Wall Speaker Pair
My Experience With These Awesome Speakers
- When I bought my house I knew I wanted a surround sound system that didn't take up much space. So before we even moved in, I installed the RC85i in-wall speakers in my living room.
- Talk about a win for my family! We enjoy amazing home theater without wires running along the floor, or big speakers near our couch.
- The lifelike sound effects delight us every time we watch a movie or sporting event.
Versatile Performance For Music And Movies
- The value-packed RC85is are ideal for the left, right, and surround channels of an in-wall home theater.
- They're also great for a music system without any visual clutter.
- Each RC85i is equipped with an 8" woofer and a swiveling 1" tweeter.
- Together they deliver full, clear sound for movies, music, sports, and video games.
- Here's a tip I learned when installing my own speakers.
- If you're placing the RC85is six feet or higher on your wall, turn them upside down so that the tweeter is at the bottom.
- Then, aim the tweeter towards your seat. You'll get better high-frequency detail since the tweeter is closer to ear level.
Dynamic Balance Technology:
- Dynamic Balance drivers are used for wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Each speaker features an 8" Dynamic Balance, mineral-filled polypropylene woofer for clean midrange and deep, accurate bass.
- For a smoother response and improved durability, each woofer uses a rubber surround.
- Each speaker uses a 1" Dynamic Balance, metalized soft dome tweeter in a ball-and-socket swivel mount.
- The aimable tweeters give you direct high-frequency control, resulting in excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
- Infinite Baffle Tuning uses the virtual enclosure of in-wall space for superior bass response.
- Durable, moisture-resistant materials allow you to install the speakers in bathrooms, kitchens, even under the eaves of an enclosed porch. (The speaker is not recommended for exposed outdoor use.)
- Each speaker requires a cutout 8.6875" wide and 12.75" high with a mounting depth of 3.5". Once the holes are cut, each speaker can be dropped in and the Rotating Cams can be tightened, allowing you to secure each speaker to the drywall without any extra assembly (the Rotating Cams protrude out 0.625" from the cutout opening).
- If you will not be mounting these speakers in drywall, make sure the wall or ceiling material can safely support the weight of the speakers before installation; each speaker weighs approximately 5.5 pounds.
- The grille and flange can be painted, allowing these speakers to match any decor.
- Overall: 30 Hz-20 kHz
- -3 dB Limit: 50 Hz-20 kHz