Polk Audio RC-55i In-Wall / In Ceiling Speaker Pair
Good things come in small packages
- Our customers have been using Polk Audio's RC55i in-wall speakers for movies and music for years — and their glowing reviews are telling.
- These compact speakers provide clear, accurate sound, and are an ideal choice for small- to medium-sized rooms.
- Want to make them totally disappear? Paintable grilles let you easily match them to your décor.
Versatile entertainment options
- The value-packed RC55is work great as the left and right front or surround channels of an in-wall home theater.
- You can also use a pair of these with your favorite amp for a music system with minimum visual clutter.
- Team them up with a Subwoofer For a rockin' 2.1 system.
- Here's a tip I learned when installing my Polk in-wall speakers.
- If you're placing the RC55is six feet or higher on your wall, turn them upside down so that the tweeter is at the bottom.
- Then, aim the tweeter towards your seat. You'll get better high-frequency detail since the tweeter is closer to ear level.
- If this is a do-it-yourself installation, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- Optional pre-construction brackets are recommended for new construction. Free lifetime technical support is provided with every Crutchfield purchase.
Dynamic Balance Technology:
- Dynamic Balance drivers are used for wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Each speaker features a 5-1/4" Dynamic Balance, mineral-filled polypropylene woofer for clean midrange and deep, accurate bass.
- For a smoother response and improved durability, each woofer uses a rubber surround.
- Each speaker uses a 3/4" Dynamic Balance, metalized soft dome tweeter in a ball-and-socket swivel mount.
- The aimable tweeters give you direct high-frequency control, resulting in excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
Infinite Baffle Tuning:
- Infinite Baffle Tuning uses the virtual enclosure of in-wall space for superior bass response.
- Durable, moisture-resistant materials allow you to install the speakers in bathrooms, kitchens, even under the eaves of an enclosed porch. (The speaker is not recommended for exposed outdoor use.)
- Each speaker requires a cutout 6.1875" wide and 9.625" high with a mounting depth of 2.012".
- Once the holes are cut, each speaker can be dropped in and the Rotating Cams can be tightened, allowing you to secure each speaker to the drywall without any extra assembly (the Rotating Cams protrude out 0.625" from the cutout opening).
- If you will not be mounting these speakers in drywall, make sure the wall or ceiling material can safely support the weight of the speakers before installation; each speaker weighs approximately 1.58 Kg.
- The grille and flange can be painted, allowing these speakers to match any decor.
- Overall: 67 Hz-20 kHz
- -3 dB Limit: 70 Hz-20 kHz