Polk Audio FXi A6 Dipole / Bipole Surround Speakers Pair
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Polymer Composite :
- Woofers: Each speaker features a 6.5" polymer composite woofer for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- For high performance durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- Each speaker has dual 1" silk/polymer dome tweeters that provide clear, detailed highs and spacious surround effects.
- Each tweeter uses a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- The overall frequency response is 45Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 55-26kHz.
- Each enclosure has a triangular shape with the speaker faces angled at 45 degrees. One face has a tweeter and a woofer, while the other face has a tweeter and port tube opening.
- A switch for selecting Dipole or Bipole operation is located on the rear of the speaker above the speaker's 5-way binding post speaker terminals.
- One of the speakers is specifically designed for the "left" channel and the other for the "right" channel.
Acoustically Inert Cabinets:
- Each speaker cabinet features all-MDF construction with internal bracings that virtually eliminate sound-muddying resonance. The speakers are finished in either a black or white laminate finish.
- The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- On the side with only a tweeter, there is a single port tube opening for increased and extended bass response.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The gold-plated 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs.
- There is a switch that allows each speaker to be used as a Dipole (out of phase) or
Bipole (in phase) speaker.
- If you're mounting the speakers on the side walls in line with your listening position, the dipole mode will create a diffuse, ambient soundfield.
- If you're placing them behind your position, the bipole mode fires the drivers in phase to flood your room with surround sound.
- When used with a Dolby Digital system, the surround speaker setting should be set to small.
- The bracket on the back of each speaker has two keyhole slots, allowing the speaker to be mounted on the wall using the supplied 2-1/2" wood screws.