Polk Audio FXi A4 Dipole / Bipole Surround Speaker Pair
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Polymer Composite Woofers:
- Each speaker features a 5.25" polymer composite woofer for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- For high performance durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- Each speaker has dual 1" silk/polymer dome tweeters that provide clear, detailed highs and spacious surround effects.
- Each tweeter uses a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- The overall frequency response is 50Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 60-26kHz.
- Each enclosure has a triangular shape with the speaker faces angled at 45 degrees.
- One face has a tweeter and a woofer, while the other face has a tweeter and port tube opening.
- A switch for selecting Dipole or Bipole operation is located on the rear of the speaker above the speaker's 5-way binding post speaker terminals.
- One of the speakers is specifically designed for the "left" channel and the other for the "right" channel.
Acoustically Inert Cabinets:
- Each speaker cabinet features all-MDF construction with internal bracings that virtually eliminate sound-muddying resonance.
- The speakers are finished in either a black or white laminate finish.
- The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- On the side with only a tweeter, there is a single port tube opening for increased and extended bass response.
- The gold-plated 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs.