Polk Audio CSi A6 Center Channel Speaker
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Polymer Composite Woofers:
- The speaker features two 6-1/2" polymer composite woofers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
- For high performance durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround and an acoustically inert stamped driver basket.
- The speaker has a 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter that provides clear, detailed highs.
- The tweeter uses a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
Mylar Bypass Capacitors:
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the speaker's crossover network extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
Frequency Response Note:
- The overall frequency response is 45Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 55-26kHz.
Acoustically Inert Cabinet:
- The speaker cabinet features all-MDF construction with extensive internal bracings that virtually eliminate sound-muddying resonance.
Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC):
- Internal cabinet resonance can impart a "thick" character to voices.
- Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control port system overcomes this problem.
- In addition to the Power Port venting system, the speaker has a front-firing port that is tuned to suppress the internal cabinet resonance, resulting in smooth, natural midrange reproduction.
Power Port Venting System:
- The speaker has two rear-firing Power Port vents built into its two-piece back plate for precise deep bass response.
- This venting system allows air velocity to slow gradually, vastly reducing air turbulence, and delivering greater bass efficiency than conventional ports.
- The center channel speaker also features a front firing port for added efficiency and bass response.
- The floating anti-diffraction grille minimizes grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts:
- The speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers.
- Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speaker.
- The gold-plated 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs.
- If the speaker must be positioned below ear level, you can turn the cabinet upside down, allowing the drivers to fire upward.
- The speaker features a unique Adjustable Kickstand for secure balance on shallow-depth TVs and monitors.
- The speaker is magnetically shielded, allowing you to place it on your television without distorting the picture.