Polk Audio Blackstone TL2 Center Channel Speaker
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology:
- Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
Time Lens Technology:
- The sophisticated laser alignment of the "acoustic center" of the Blackstone TL tweeters with their accompanying drivers results in far superior imaging.
- The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-range woofer are aligned, creating a crisp accurate soundstage.
- The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging, while the acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter's frequency response.
3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel speaker utilize a 3/4" silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging, and smooth response that's never tiring.
- 3-1/4" Composite Injection Molded Woofer: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel speaker employs two 3-1/4" composite injected molded cone woofers with Dynamic Balance driver technology (Polk's patented transducer design process) that produces a flat frequency response, with sharp detail, transparency, and the ability to play loud without strain.
- The speaker's overall frequency response is 90-24,000Hz, and the -3dB frequency response is 125-20,000Hz.
- The TL2 center-channel speaker will require a powered subwoofer (107PSW111, sold separately) for full-range sound.
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel speaker features a non-resonant composite enclosure with time-aligned geometry, and PowerPort technology.
- Curved Enclosure Design: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel speaker employs non-parallel surfaces that not only lead to a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but they also result in less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
- Extra-rigid steel plates reinforce the curved enclosures of the TL2 center-channel speaker, resulting in an acoustically inert enclosure free from internal resonances and any audible coloration, for more lifelike audio detail.
- Integrated Acoustic Lens: An innovative acoustic lens incorporated into the grille produces a high frequency response so smooth that it delivers a balanced, realistic performance.
- An acoustic lens is molded into the back of the speaker grille and helps create imaging frequency balance previously impossible in small high-performance loudspeakers.
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel speaker utilizes Polk Audio's patented bass venting technology, for added midbass response and increased efficiency. PowerPort technology decreases port turbulence and virtually eliminates "port noise," for a massive 3dB boost in bass response.
- High-Gloss Finish: The Polk Audio TL2 center-channel loudspeaker features a durable, deep automotive-strength high-gloss finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs. The TL2 center-channel is available in a high-gloss black finish.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 center-channel is equipped with one pair of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of speaker cables and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (18-12 AGW).
- The Polk Audio TL2 center-channel features four integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speaker on a stand or shelf securely.
- The TL2 center-channel speaker features dual single keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the loudspeaker for mounting the speaker to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).