Polk Audio Blackstone TL1600 Home Theater 5.1 Ch. Speaker System
Budget-friendly home theater punch
- Having trouble getting through movie night without nodding off and spilling the popcorn on the couch?
- Maybe it's time to upgrade your sound with polk's blackstone tl1600 speaker system.
- Ideal for small- to medium-sized rooms, this convenient package comes with all the speakers you need to get dramatic, engaging movie theater sound that'll keep your attention focused and your eyes glued to the screen — all at a great value.
- The four blackstone satellite speakers and the center channel use some pretty advanced driver technology, so you experience impressively effortless sound from speakers that take up very little space.
- The package also comes with a powerful 50-watt subwoofer to add deep, rumbling explosions and room-thumping bass for all your favorite action flicks.
- And if you've got a new flat-panel tv, this system's stunning high-gloss black finish will make an excellent match.
Advanced technology produces astonishingly realistic sound
- Polk's latest breakthrough is "Time lens" technology, which aligns the drivers in such a way that all the frequencies reach your ears at the same time.
- It improves the speakers' soundstaging and imaging, so that you'll start to forget you're watching a movie and really feel like you're part of the action.
- This technology makes this system great for video games, too, because you'll be able to clearly pinpoint where sounds are coming from all around you, like monster roars or enemy gunfire.
Polk's enclosure design puts performance first
- The satellite and center channel speakers also use an "Acoustic lens" in their grilles to disperse sound waves in a way that makes your movie and music soundtracks sound larger and more open.
- And unlike a traditional port hole, these speakers have something called an "Aperiodic-tuned rear port."
- it's more like a breathable membrane that controls air flow in and out of the enclosure, giving them the acoustic benefits of both a sealed and a ported enclosure, including better bass extension and a pleasing mid-bass boost.
- It also means you can place these speakers in the open or against a wall, and still get great sound.
Easy speaker placement
- Each speaker comes with a keyhole slot in the back for easy wall-mounting. You can also use the discrete threaded insert to fit them to optional speaker brackets or stands.
- But no matter how you choose to set up your system, you can expect the kind of detailed, open sound that will make movie night way much more exciting.
- Upgrade to a seven-channel home theater when you add a pair of tl1 satellite speakers to this system.
- Most speakers don't include any. Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the learning center.