Polk Audio Atrium5 All-weather Indoor/outdoor Speakers (Black)
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.)
- Certification means Atrium speakers can effortlessly withstand the outdoors, and hold up in extreme temperatures and precipitation.
Polk Patented Technologies:
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry.
- Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques.
- This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels.
- Each speaker features a 5" (12.7cm) long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver for clean midrange and deep, accurate bass.
- For a smoother response and improved durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- Each speaker features a 3/4" (19mm) anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
Rugged Enclosure Design:
- The durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for great sound, no matter what the weather.
- The rugged, mineral-filled polypropylene enclosure features a rustproof aluminum grille, rustproof aluminum bracket, and stainless steel/brass hardware.
- The speakers are available in a black or white finish. The enclosure is also paintable.
Broad Coverage Baffle Design:
- The sculpted front, steeply-angled baffle design and rounded enclosure minimize diffraction (sound reflecting off of hard edges) for more open and lifelike imaging.
5-way Binding Posts:
- The Atrium 5 has a pair of gold-plated binding posts that will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, single- and dual banana plugs.
Speed-Locking Mounting System:
- The included rustproof aluminum brackets allow multiple mounting options and are quick-and-easy to install.
- The Atrium 5 can be mounted either horizontally or vertically and aimed to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations The integrated brackets provide full 180-degree rotation (when mounted vertically or horizontally.
- The mounting brackets even allow the speaker to be mounted snugly in a corner or under an eve (at a downward 45-degree angle).
- You can remove the bracket and use the speaker's built-in stability feet, if you simply want to place the speaker on a table or shelf.