Polk Audio Atrium 8 Single Unite SDI All-weather indoor/outdoor speaker with selectable stereo input mode (Black)
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.)
- Certification means Atrium speakers can effortlessly withstand the outdoors, and hold up in extreme temperatures and precipitation.
Polk Patented Technologies:
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry.
- Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques.
- This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels.
6.5" DVC Woofer:
- The Polk Audio Atrium8SDI uses a dual-voice coil long-throw aerated polypropylene 6.5" woofer for clean midrange and deep, accurate bass.
- The dual voice coil design adds greater efficiency and power handling.
- For a smoother response and improved durability, the woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- The Polk Audio Atrium8SDI has two 1" anodized aluminum dome tweeters with rubber surrounds and neodymium magnets for better power handling, smoother response and greater accuracy.
- This Dual Tweeter Array features Stereo Tweeter Aiming for excellent imaging, allowing you to use the Atrium8SDI as a single stereo speaker, or as half of a stereo pair.
Rugged Enclosure Design:
- The durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for great sound, no matter what the weather.
- The rugged, mineral-filled polypropylene enclosure features a rustproof aluminum grille, rustproof aluminum bracket, and stainless steel/brass hardware.
- The speakers are available in a black or white finish. The enclosure is also paintable.
Broad Coverage Baffle Design:
- The sculpted front, steeply-angled baffle design and rounded enclosure minimize diffraction (sound reflecting off of hard edges) for more open and lifelike imaging.
Dual Input/Single Input Feature:
- A rear mounted switch allows the Atrium8SDI to operate as a single, dual-input speaker for stereo applications, or a traditional single-input speaker for left or right use.
- When using the Atrium8SDI as a single stereo speaker, the dual tweeters and dual voice coils handle the left and right signals independently.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The Atrium8SDI has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts that will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Speed-Locking Mounting System:
- The included rustproof aluminum bracket allows multiple mounting options and is quick-and-easy to install.
- The Atrium8SDI can be mounted either horizontally or vertically and aimed to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations The integrated bracket provides full 180-degree rotation (when mounted vertically or horizontally.
- The mounting bracket even allows the speaker to be mounted snugly in a corner or under an eve (at a downward 45-degree angle).
- You can remove the bracket and use the speaker's built-in stability feet, if you simply want to place the speaker on a table or shelf.