Polk Audio 265 RT 3Way In-Wall Speaker Pair
Dynamic Balance Technology:
- Laser-imaging technology allows Polk Audio engineers to see the entire vibrating surface of a driver and tweeter.
- This allows the engineers to actually see performance-robbing distortion develop on the speaker cone.
- Using this data, they can determine the Dynamic Balance of their high-tech materials, and alter the geometry and construction of the speaker to effectively tune out the offending resonance.
- Exclusive Dynamic Balance Composite Material Technology delivers sound that is effortlessly clean and clear, even at lifelike volume levels.
Klippel Optimized Motor Structures:
- The Klippel Distortion Analyzer allows Polk engineers to optimize each driver's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension to insure smooth, unimpeded movement even at extreme listening levels.
- This is especially important in the shallow depth area afforded an in-wall loudspeaker.
- The 265-RT in-wall loudspeaker employs dual 6.5" Dynamic Balance mineral composite polypropylene cone woofers with rubber surrounds for a smooth, consistent frequency response.
- The drivers feature a lightweight, strong composite basket that works in conjunction with Klippel Optimization to keep moving parts in rigid alignment while further damping performance-robbing resonances.
Silk Dome Tweeter:
- The speaker employs a 1" Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging.
- The high-performance tweeter features a 15° swivel housing, for more direct high frequency control, excellent off-axis imaging and more placement flexibility.
Reflective Room (Tweeter) Compensation Control:
- An easily accessible Reflective Room (Tweeter) Compensation switch allows you to make detailed adjustments to optimize the sound for any installation.
- The switch can be used to digitally compensate for harsh reflective surfaces.
- The switch doesn't merely reduce high frequencies, it actually allows you to "notch-out" a specific area of the spectrum (3500-6000Hz) where room acoustics most often interfere with performance. The switch has two settings:
- Filter Setting: If your listening room is very reflective, with smooth sheetrock walls, hardwood floors, and non-cushioned furniture, the sound will be overly "bright" and unnatural. Selecting the "Filter" setting compensates for the effect of reflectivity in a hard room.
- Tweeter attenuation flattens room response, without hindering higher frequency response, for warmer, more realistic sound and more accurate imaging.
- Normal Setting: If your room is not reflective, with curtains, artwork, lots of cushioned furniture and carpeting, sound will be absorbed by the room, resulting in more realistic reproduction and more accurate imaging. In this case, select the Normal setting.
- The Polk Audio Vanishing Series in-wall loudspeakers are timbre-matched to Polk Audio's high-performance RTi bookshelf and floor-standing loudspeakers.
- This allows you to match them to an existing Polk Audio home theater speaker system and enjoy seamless blending from speaker to speaker.
- Timbre-matched speaker components will insure the same true response throughout your system.
- The overall frequency response of the in-wall speaker is 30Hz to 27kHz, and the -3dB frequency response is 45 to 25kHz.
- Infinite Baffle Tuning uses the virtual enclosure of the in-wall space for deep bass response and superior overall sound.
PowerPort Bass Venting:
- The 265-RT features Polk Audio's patented PowerPort Bass Venting. The oblong-shaped port has rounded edges which smooth air turbulence at the mouth of the port to eliminate distortion.
- A foam rubber port plug is included, and should be inserted when the speaker is installed in an area larger than a standard open stud bay.
- The Polk Audio Vanishing Series in-wall speakers feature Polk's exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings.
- The Sheer-Grille can be painted to match your décor, making it virtually indistinguishable from its surroundings.
- The Sheer-Grille has nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- When painting the grille, it is highly recommend that you use a can of spray paint matched to the color of the surrounding wall.
- Brushes or rollers should not be used to paint the grille, as this will clog the perf holes.
- The 265-RT has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
- You can use the Polk Audio Vanishing Series in-wall loudspeaker as main left and right speakers mounted alongside your flat screen TV, or for superior dynamics in practically invisible multi-zone music systems.
Rotating Cam System:
- The speaker utilizes a rotating cam system to ensure a secure, vibration-free installation.
- There are eight rotating cams to hold the speaker securely to the wall.
The 265-RT can be installed in new or existing construction:
- Existing Construction: In existing walls, use the included cardboard template for one-cut, drop-in simplicity.
- New Construction: Pre-construction brackets (sold separately) are available for new-build or open-wall retro-fitting.