Monitor Audio Gold W15 Powered Subwoofer
15" C-CAM Woofer:
- The Monitor Audio Gold W15 powered sub features a front-firing, ultra long-throw 15" woofer featuring a concave "dished" C-CAM cone.
- An oversized black anodized 3" voice coil and double stack motor system provides high power handling and low distortion.
- A triple suspension is used for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
- The carefully optimized motor system design reduces heat and improves efficiency.
650W Class D Amplifier w/ DSP:
- The powered sub's 650 watt DSP controlled Class-D amplifier utilizes advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques and superior processing to increase dynamic control and deliver far greater head-room.
- This powerful 650 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet:
- The powered sub features a durable 25mm (1") MDF cabinet with heavy radial cabinet bracing with a separate amplifier partition.
- The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion.
- The cabinet is an acoustic suspension (sealed) design for deep, detailed, and accurate bass.
ARMC (Automatic Room Mode Correction):
- The D2Audio LEO sound processing uses a microphone connected to the Gold W15 to listen to its acoustic response at key positions in the room.
- The LEO system generates several special audio signals that allow the internal DSP (Digital SignalProcessor) to understand how the Gold W15 sounds within its environment.
- Once the DSP has established the baseline sound characteristics, several specially selected frequencies will be tested. These frequencies have been selected to detect room mode effects.
- The DSP is used a second time to calculate where the sound is too strong and where it is too weak.
- It uses this information to generate a special correction frequency curve for each situation.
- The DSP is used a third time to determine the best correction curve and the best way to implement that curve.
- These three steps are all done in a single measurement from the microphone.
- The correction is then stored in the amplifier delivering the best sound possible from that time forward.
Front-Panel & Remote Control:
- The level control, low pass crossover, phase switch, and EQ allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass for your type of movie, music, and room.
- All controls can be operated from the powered sub's front-panel or the included IR remote.
- The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system.
- After the sub's level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Monitor Audio powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- The Low Pass Filter (LPF) sets the crossover point and the slope angle with the main speakers.
- It is only enabled instereo mode. When using the LFE input, the crossover setting option is not available as it is controlled by your AV amplifier/ receiver.
- The crossover point can be set between 40 to 120Hz. The slope angle can be adjusted to -6, -12, -18, or -24dB/octave.
- The Phase switch is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers.
- Select the position either 0˚, 90˚ 180˚, or 270˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
- You can save three EQ presets which contain level, low-pass filter crossover point and slope angle, as well as phase setting.
- Night Mode limits the output by -20dB without loosing any of the dynamics of the Gold W15.
- The Monitor Audio Gold W15 powered subwoofer is equipped with a dedicated LFE input and a stereo RCA input to connect the powered sub to a variety of AV receivers or integrated amplifiers.
- Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's dedicated LFE input.
- This type of connection bypasses the powered sub's crossover and uses the low-pass crossover built into your AV receiver.
- In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to the stereo RCA inputs (Left/Right) on the powered subwoofer.
- This type of connection will use the low-pass crossover built into the powered sub.
- The W15's LFE and stereo RCA outputs are used to daisy-chain additional powered subs in your system.
- These outputs do not provide any type of filtering.
12V Trigger Input:
- A 12V trigger input (3.5mm) syncs the Gold W15 powered sub with other AV components when the system is activated.
Auto Power On/Off:
- The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal.
- You can also choose to turn the powered sub On manually from the rear-switch on the back.
- It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 20 minutes with no audio signal.
Rubber or Spike Feet:
- The Monitor Audio Gold W15 powered sub includes four feet assemblies that can be used as rubber feet or spikes (the spikes simply unscrew from the feet assembly in order to use them as rubber feet).
- The spikes are great for carpeted floors, while the rubber feet are recommended for hardwood and tile floors.
- These feet thread into the bottom of the powered sub and are adjustable to level the subwoofer up with your floor.