Monitor Audio Bronze 5 Tower Speaker
1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter:
- The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze 5 floorstanding speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat.
- Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
- Structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze 5 floorstanding loudspeaker.
Dual 5.5" 'Dished' C-CAM Woofers:
- The Monitor Audio Bronze 5 employs a 5.5" C-CAM mid/bass woofer and a 5.5" C-CAM bass woofer.
- The newly designed 5.5" 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound.
- Unbroken by the centre pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality.
- Ingeniously, the driver's voice coil is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
- C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Bronze series 5 floorstanding loudspeaker, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entering audio frequency spectrum.
- Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components.
- Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency.
- In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness.
- Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.
- Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion.
- C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Single Through-Bolt Mount:
- The tweeter, mid/bass woofer, and bass woofer are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front.
- Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box coloration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics
High Quality Crossover:
- The Monitor Audio Bronze 5 uses a high quality crossover network (LF/MF=600Hz, MF/HF=2.8kHz) with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors, air core, and laminated steel core inductors for signal integrity.
HiVe Port Technology:
- Its 5.5" C-CAM mid/bass driver and a 5.5" C-CAM bass driver are arranged in a two-and-half way system configuration, operating in separate acoustic chambers with front- and rear-firing HiVe ports to provide differential tuning for higher efficiency and greater low frequency extension.
- The HiVe bass ports are shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet.
- Rifled grooves inside the ports help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the ports more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- If the bass is too boomy, you can insert the included foam port plug into the speaker's front-firing port to tighten and lessen the bass.
- MDF Enclosure w/ Magnetic Grille: The Bronze 5 employs a MDF enclosure for accurate, uncolored sound.
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction is used throughout the enclosure with radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration.
- In addition, the floorstanding speaker comes with an acoustically transparent cloth grille.
Dual Gold-Plated Binding Posts:
- The floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets of gold-plated binding posts connected by wire-jumpers.
- The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only).
- Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker.
- Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance.
- If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers.
- Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion.
- We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
- Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only).
- Base with Rubber or Spiked Feet: The Bronze series 5 floorstanding speaker includes a plinth (base) which will need to be installed or you can choose to use the speaker without the base (when used without the plinth the stability of the cabinet will be reduced).
- In addition, the Bronze comes with four rubber feet and four spike-feet. The spike feet are great for carpeted floors, while the rubber feet are recommended for hardwood, tile, and laminate floors.
- The spike-feet are adjustable to level out the speaker with your floor. Dimensions will vary based on plinth and foot configuration.
- Spike-Feet: 8.5" (w) x 35.0625" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- Rubber-Feet: 8.5" (w) x 34.5" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- No-Feet: 8.5" (w) 34.3125" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- Spike-Feet: 6.5" (w) x 34.25" (h) x 10.875" (d)
- Rubber-Feet: 6.5" (w) x 33.6875" (h) x 10.875" (d)
- No-Feet: 6.5" (w) x 33.5" (h) x 10.875" (d)
- The plinth (base) will need to be screwed into the bottom of the speaker.
- The spike-feet then thread into the bottom of the plinth (base), or the rubber feet push into the bottom of the plinth (base).
- If the plinth (base) is not used, then the spike-feet or rubber feet get installed directly to the bottom of the speaker.
- When used in a stereo system or as front speakers in a home theater application, the listening position and the floorstanding loudspeakers should form an equilateral triangle.
- The speakers should be positioned approximately 6' to 10' apart. They ideally need to be between 8' to 18" away from the rear wall and 3' from the side walls.