Monitor Audio Bronze 1 Bookshelf Speaker
Features1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter:
- The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze 1 bookshelf speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat.
- Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
- Structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze 1 bookshelf loudspeaker.
- The newly designed 5.5" 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound.
- Unbroken by the centre pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality.
- Ingeniously, the driver's voice coil is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
- C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Bronze series 1 bookshelf loudspeaker, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entering audio frequency spectrum.
- Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components.
- Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency.
- In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness.
- Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.
- Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion.
- C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
- The drivers are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front.
- Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box coloration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics
- The Monitor Audio Bronze 1 uses a high quality crossover (2,700Hz) with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors, air core, and laminated steel core inductors for signal integrity.
- The Bronze 1 features a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port that utilizes Monitor Audio's HiVe port technology for greater efficiency and bigger bass response from a compact bookshelf speaker.
- The HiVe bass reflex port is shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet.
- Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- If the bass is too boomy, you can insert the included foam port plug into the speaker's rear-firing port to tighten and lessen the bass.
MDF Enclosure w/ Magnetic Grille:
- The Bronze 1 employs a MDF enclosure for accurate, uncolored sound.
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction is used throughout the enclosure with radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration.
- In addition, the bookshelf speaker comes with an acoustically transparent cloth grille that attaches magnetically.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts:
- The bookshelf loudspeaker is fitted with a set of gold-plated binding posts. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade-lugs, & banana plugs (single only).
- Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only).
- The Bronze series 1 bookshelf loudspeaker can simply be mounted on top of a stand (sold separately; see accessory list), shelf, or table.
- A rear-mounted 1/4"-20 threaded insert allows you to wall mount the speaker using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately; see accessory list)
- When used in a stereo system or as front speakers in a home theater application, the listening position and the bookshelf loudspeakers should form an equilateral triangle.
- The speakers should be positioned approximately 6' to 10' apart. They ideally need to be between 8' to 18" away from the rear wall and 3' from the side walls.
- When used as surround speakers in a home theater application, the bookshelf speakers should be placed directly to the side or behind the main listening position, equidistant to the main listening position, and at ear level.
- Monitor Audio's Bronze series of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding speakers (893BZ5B/893BZ6B), two bookshelf speakers (893BZ1B/893BZ2B), a center channel speaker (803BZCB), surround speaker (893BZFXB), and powered subwoofer (893BZW10B) - all sold separately.