KLIPSCH Reference R-625FA Dolby Atmos®-Enabled Tower speaker(Pair)
OUR TECHNOLOGY THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SOUND
SOUND POWERFUL. SOUND LEGENDARY
- You are here because you're in need of our commercial-grade audio solutions.
- Cinema, permanent installation or distributed audio - Klipsch Professional series speakers are built to last and are backed by more than 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic technology and development.
The Four Principles of Klipsch Sound
- Paul w. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- They continue to drive the design of every new klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
High Efficiency / Low Distortion
- Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s law: efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
Wide Dynamic Range
- The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
Flat Frequency Response
- Audio is delivered without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, mids or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- Tractrix® horns have for many years been the driving force behind klipsch’s stunningly precise acoustics.
- Featured in every klipsch speaker category, except for headphones and subwoofers, this proprietary technology provides a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power.
- A signature feature on the reference series speakers, klipsch’s cerametallic woofers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping, resulting in a powerful, solid bass foundation.
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- As the cornerstone of every klipsch surround speaker, proprietary wide dispersion surround technology (wdst) provides astounding sonic detail for rooms with less-than-ideal placement configurations.
Integrated Dolby Atmos Speaker:
- Not just your typical full-range tower speaker, the Klipsch R-625FA features a high performance up-firing Dolby Atmos speaker integrated in the top of the cabinet that reflects sound off the ceiling for an enveloping soundstage.
- The integrated up-firing speaker consists of a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter mated to a 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn, plus a 5.25" spun-copper IMG cone woofer.
- Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience.
- With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
- The R-625FA floorstanding loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
90°x90° Tractrix Horn:
- The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls.
- Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
LTS (Linear Travel Suspension):
- Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances.
- In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Dual 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG Woofers:
- The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker houses two 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofers.
- The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
- The R-625FA's main front channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded LTS tweeter and two 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofers, can handle up to 100 watts continuous (RMS) and 400 watts max (Peak).
- The R-625FA's up-firing Dolby Atmos channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded LTS tweeter and one 5.25" Copper-Spun IMG woofer, can handle up to 75 watts continuous (RMS) and 150 watts max (Peak).
Rear Tractrix Port:
- The rear-firing Tractrix port is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
- The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor.
- The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grilles:
- The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker comes with two removable, black cloth grille that are acoustically transparent.
- The R-625FA is fitted with a set of binding posts for the speaker's main channel and height (elevation) channel.
- These sturdy binding post terminals ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- The speaker terminals are placed low on the cabinet for convenience and an unobtrusive connection.
- The speaker's main channel binding posts will need to be connected to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs, while the speaker's height (elevation) channel binding posts must be connected to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effects speaker outputs.
- The Klipsch R-625FA includes two stabilizer feet that will need to be installed to the bottom of the speaker enclosure using the included hardware.
- Each stabilizer foot features two integrated rubber pads safe for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring.
- No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
- The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet installed, due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement:
- The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart.
- They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging.
- The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position.
- Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
- The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately.
- The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub:
- For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately