Klipsch Reference R-41M Bookshelf Speakers(Pair)
OUR TECHNOLOGY THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SOUND
SOUND POWERFUL. SOUND LEGENDARY
- You are here because you're in need of our commercial-grade audio solutions.
- Cinema, permanent installation or distributed audio - Klipsch Professional series speakers are built to last and are backed by more than 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic technology and development.
The Four Principles of Klipsch Sound
- Paul w. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- They continue to drive the design of every new klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
High Efficiency / Low Distortion
- Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s law: efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
Wide Dynamic Range
- The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
Flat Frequency Response
- Audio is delivered without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, mids or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- Tractrix® horns have for many years been the driving force behind klipsch’s stunningly precise acoustics.
- Featured in every klipsch speaker category, except for headphones and subwoofers, this proprietary technology provides a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power.
- A signature feature on the reference series speakers, klipsch’s cerametallic woofers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping, resulting in a powerful, solid bass foundation.
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- As the cornerstone of every klipsch surround speaker, proprietary wide dispersion surround technology (wdst) provides astounding sonic detail for rooms with less-than-ideal placement configurations.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
- The R-41M bookshelf loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
90°x90° Tractrix Horn:
- The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls.
- Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
LTS (Linear Travel Suspension):
- Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
- The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker houses a single 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer.
- The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
- The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker features a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers.
- The port is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
- The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor.
- The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille:
- The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- The Klipsch R-41M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted.
- The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface.
- The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Application & Placement:
- The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart.
- They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging.
- The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position.
- Typically this will be approximately 5' to 7' above the floor.
- The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position.
- Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
- The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately.
- The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub:
- For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).