Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-8060FA Dolby Atmos® Enabled Floor-Standing Speakers-Pair
OUR TECHNOLOGY THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SOUND
SOUND POWERFUL. SOUND LEGENDARY
- You are here because you're in need of our commercial-grade audio solutions.
- Cinema, permanent installation or distributed audio - Klipsch Professional series speakers are built to last and are backed by more than 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic technology and development.
The Four Principles of Klipsch Sound
- Paul w. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- They continue to drive the design of every new klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
High Efficiency / Low Distortion
- Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s law: efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
Wide Dynamic Range
- The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
Flat Frequency Response
- Audio is delivered without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, mids or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- Tractrix® horns have for many years been the driving force behind klipsch’s stunningly precise acoustics.
- Featured in every klipsch speaker category, except for headphones and subwoofers, this proprietary technology provides a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power.
- A signature feature on the reference series speakers, klipsch’s cerametallic woofers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping, resulting in a powerful, solid bass foundation.
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- As the cornerstone of every klipsch surround speaker, proprietary wide dispersion surround technology (wdst) provides astounding sonic detail for rooms with less-than-ideal placement configurations.
Integrated Dolby Atmos Speaker:
- The Reference Premiere RP-8060FA Dolby Atmos enabled floorstanding speaker includes a built-in elevation channel speaker integrated into the top of the speaker to reflect sound off the ceiling to deliver the overhead Dolby Atmos experience in addition to stereo sound towards the listener.
- The integrated up-firing speaker consists of a 1" titanium LTS tweeter mated to a 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn, plus a 6.5" Cerametallic cone woofer.
- Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience.
- With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth.
- Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA floorstanding loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion.
- Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-8060FA floorstanding speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter:
- The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters.
- A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction.
- Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology:
- This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound.
- Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Dual 8" Cerametallic Woofers:
- The RP-8060FA floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes two 8" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers.
- Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency.
- The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity.
- The 8" woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
- The RP-8060FA's main front channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded titanium tweeter and two 8" Cerametallic woofers, can handle up to 150 watts continuous (RMS) and 600 watts max (Peak).
- The R-8060FA's up-firing Dolby Atmos channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded titanium tweeter and one 6.5" Cerametallic woofer, can handle up to 75 watts continuous (RMS) and 300 watts max (Peak).
Rear Tractrix Port:
- The rear Tractrix port of the RP-8060FA floorstanding loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
- Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port.
- Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor.
- The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
- The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille:
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
- This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA is outfitted with two sets of binding posts for the front speaker channel and one set of binding posts for the height (elevation) speaker channel.
- These sturdy binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA is fitted with two sets of binding posts for the front speaker channel, allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker.
- The front speaker channel binding posts will need to be connected to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs.
- If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers.
- Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion.
- We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA is also fitted with a set of binding posts for the height (elevation) speaker channel.
- The height (elevation) speaker channel binding posts must be connected to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effects speaker outputs.
- The speaker terminals are placed low on the cabinet for convenience and an unobtrusive connection.
Cast Aluminum Stabilizer Feet:
- The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker includes pre-installed, cast-aluminum stabilizer feet with rubber pads for safe placement on hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring.
- The cast aluminum feet are mechanically designed to minimize surface area in contact with the floor, decoupling the speaker for faster, tighter low frequencies and more detail.
- No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
- Do not remove the stabilizer feet.
- The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement:
- The Klipsch RP-8060FA floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart.
- They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging.
- The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position.
- Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Premiere Series:
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away.
- The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately).
- Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub:
- For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).