Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D Wall-mountable Flat-panel (L/C/R)Home Theater Speaker
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D features proprietary Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce clean, natural high frequencies.
90° x 90° Tractrix Horn:
- The Tractrix Horn's geometry helps to improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn also focuses the high frequency sounds towards the listening area, for the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) for open, natural, sound.
- The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Spun-Copper Cerametallic Woofers & Passive Radiators:
- The RP-640D loudspeaker features two 3.5" woofers and four 3.5" passive radiators made from Klipsch's distinctive, spun-copper Cerametallic material.
- Made with an anodized aluminum, the cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic.
- The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range.
- The woofers and passive radiators also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
ABS Enclosure w/ Wrap-Around Grille:
- The speaker enclosure is made of ABS and features a matte black painted finish.
- The speaker also comes with a removable, wrap-around cloth magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over the ABS enclosure.
- The RP-640D is equipped with spring-post terminals to connect bare speaker wire from 16AWG to 12AWG.
- Due to the position of the spring-post terminals they will not accept banana plugs or pin-connectors.
- The RP-640D on-wall speaker can be used as a front, center, or surround speaker in a home theater setup.
Placement for Front Speakers:
- For the most spacious sound place a pair of speakers 6' to 15' apart with the listening position about 1-.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- However, excellent sound can still be achieved by placing these speakers close to both sides of your TV if that is more aesthetically pleasing.
Placement for Center Speaker:
- Since a center-channel speaker is designed to place dialogue and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the video screen.
- The speaker should therefore be placed horizontally, as close to the screen as possible, preferably at least 1" directly below the screen.
Placement for Rear speakers:
- As rear surrounds, a pair of speakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position (typically this will be about 5'-7'above the floor.
- The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position or on the wall behind the listening position.
- The RP-640D on-wall loudspeaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally when wall-mounted or attached to the included table-top base.
- The included wall-bracket and dual four-way keyhole slots allow for easy, tight-to-the-wall mounting (mounting screws not included).
- The included glass base provides a table-top solution for placing the speaker on a stand, table, or shelf (the base attaches to the speaker using the two included screws).
- Vertical: 6.0" (w) x 28.5" (h) x 2.5625" (d)
- Horizontal: 28.5" (w) x 6.0" (h) x 2.5625" (d)
- Vertical: 9.0" (w) x 29.9375" (h) x 6.0625" (d)
- Horizontal: 28.5" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 6.0625" (d)