Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500C Center Channel Speaker
OUR TECHNOLOGY THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SOUND
SOUND POWERFUL. SOUND LEGENDARY
- You are here because you're in need of our commercial-grade audio solutions.
- Cinema, permanent installation or distributed audio - Klipsch Professional series speakers are built to last and are backed by more than 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic technology and development.
The Four Principles of Klipsch Sound
- Paul w. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- They continue to drive the design of every new klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
High Efficiency / Low Distortion
- Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s law: efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
Wide Dynamic Range
- The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
Flat Frequency Response
- Audio is delivered without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, mids or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- Tractrix® horns have for many years been the driving force behind klipsch’s stunningly precise acoustics.
- Featured in every klipsch speaker category, except for headphones and subwoofers, this proprietary technology provides a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power.
- A signature feature on the reference series speakers, klipsch’s cerametallic woofers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping, resulting in a powerful, solid bass foundation.
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- As the cornerstone of every klipsch surround speaker, proprietary wide dispersion surround technology (wdst) provides astounding sonic detail for rooms with less-than-ideal placement configurations.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
- The Klipsch RP-500C center-channel loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion.
- Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-500C center-channel speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter:
- The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters.
- A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction.
- Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology:
- This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound.
- Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Dual 5.25" Cerametallic Woofers:
- The RP-500C center-channel loudspeaker utilizes two 5.25" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers.
- Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency.
- The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity.
- The 5.25" woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
Rear Tractrix Port:
- The rear Tractrix port of the RP-500C center-channel loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
- Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port.
- Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
- The Klipsch RP-500C center-channel speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor.
- The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
- The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille:
- The Klipsch RP-500C center-channel loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
- This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series center-channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Placement & Mounting Options:
- The center channel speaker is designed to place dialog and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the TV or projector screen.
- The speaker should therefore be centered and placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen.
- The center channel speaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface.
- The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of each speaker.
- If the center speaker is well above or below the ear height level of seated listeners, you can improve performance by angling the center channel slightly to compensate.
- Included with the speaker is an adjustable foot that you can screw into one of the two threaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet.
- To tilt the speaker down, install the foot in the insert near the back of the cabinet; to tilt the speaker up, install the foot in the insert near the front of the cabinet.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Reference Premiere Series:
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away.
- The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately).
- Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub:
- For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).