KLIPSCH Reference Premiere RP-5000F Floor-Standing Speaker (Pair)
OUR TECHNOLOGY THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SOUND
SOUND POWERFUL. SOUND LEGENDARY
- You are here because you're in need of our commercial-grade audio solutions.
- Cinema, permanent installation or distributed audio - Klipsch Professional series speakers are built to last and are backed by more than 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic technology and development.
The Four Principles of Klipsch Sound
- Paul w. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- They continue to drive the design of every new klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
High Efficiency / Low Distortion
- Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s law: efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
Wide Dynamic Range
- The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
Flat Frequency Response
- Audio is delivered without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, mids or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- Tractrix® horns have for many years been the driving force behind klipsch’s stunningly precise acoustics.
- Featured in every klipsch speaker category, except for headphones and subwoofers, this proprietary technology provides a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power.
- A signature feature on the reference series speakers, klipsch’s cerametallic woofers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping, resulting in a powerful, solid bass foundation.
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- As the cornerstone of every klipsch surround speaker, proprietary wide dispersion surround technology (wdst) provides astounding sonic detail for rooms with less-than-ideal placement configurations.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
- The Klipsch RP-5000F floorstanding loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion.
- Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-5000F floorstanding speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter:
- The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters.
- A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction.
- Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology:
- This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound.
- Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Dual 5.25" Cerametallic Woofers:
- The RP-5000F floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes two 5.25" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers.
- Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency.
- The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity.
- The 5.25" woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
Rear Tractrix Port:
- The rear Tractrix port of the RP-5000F floorstanding loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
- Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port.
- Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
- The Klipsch RP-5000F floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor.
- The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
- The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille:
- The Klipsch RP-5000F floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
- This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Dual Binding Posts:
- The Klipsch RP-5000F is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker.
- These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
- Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers.
- Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion.
- We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
- If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Cast Aluminum Stabilizer Feet:
- The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker includes pre-installed, cast-aluminum stabilizer feet with rubber pads for safe placement on hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring.
- The cast aluminum feet are mechanically designed to minimize surface area in contact with the floor, decoupling the speaker for faster, tighter low frequencies and more detail.
- No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
- Do not remove the stabilizer feet. The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement:
- The Klipsch RP-5000F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart.
- They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging.
- The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position.
- Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Premiere Series:
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away.
- The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately). Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub:
- For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).