Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250C Center Channel Speaker
90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns:
- A redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail.
- This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- These 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns provide a wider sweet spot while maintaining controlled directivity of the sound.
- Behind each Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
- The dual 5.25" woofers of the RP-250C center-channel loudspeaker feature Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material.
- Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic.
- The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range The 5.25" woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
- The Klipsch RP-250C center-channel speaker's crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration.
- The speaker's enhanced crossover frequencies (1800Hz) offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure:
- The Klipsch RP-250C employs a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing Tractrix port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Reference Premiere bass port allows for the most efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet for a clean, powerful low frequency response.
- The speaker's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
- The center-channel loudspeaker features a removable magnetic low-diffraction grille which easily snaps into place over its polymer front baffle.
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-250C is equipped with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
- The RP-250C should be centered directly above or below your video screen.
- If necessary, you can place the speaker on an optional floor stand in front of and below the screen that elevates it to the correct height.
- Ideally, however, the speaker's front baffle should be flush with the front of the screen.
- The center channel speaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface.
- The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of each speaker.
- If the center speaker is well above or below the ear height of seated listeners, you can improve performance by angling the center channel slightly to compensate.
- Included with the speaker is an adjustable foot that you can screw into one of the two threaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet.
- To tilt the speaker down, install the foot in the insert near the back of the cabinet; to tilt the speaker up, install the foot in the insert near the front of the cabinet.