Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140D Wall-mountable Flat-panel Home Theater Speaker
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140D features proprietary Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce clean, natural high frequencies.
- The Tractrix Horn's geometry helps to improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- The 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn also focuses the high frequency sounds towards the listening area, for the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) for open, natural, sound.
- The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
- The 3.5" woofer of the RP-140D loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, spun-copper Cerametallic material.
- Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic.
- The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range.
- The woofer also employs a rubber surround for added durability.
- The horn-loaded tweeter and spun-copper Cerametallic woofer are housed in a bass reflex enclosure with a rear/side firing port for greater efficiency and better midbass performance.
- The enclosure is made of ABS and features a matte black painted finish.
- The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-140D on-wall loudspeaker features a removable, wrap-around cloth magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over the ABS enclosure.
- The RP-140D is equipped with spring-post terminals to connect bare speaker wire from 16AWG to 12AWG. Due to the position of the spring-post terminals they will not accept banana plugs or pin-connectors.
- The RP-140D on-wall speaker can be used as a front, center, or surround speaker in a home theater setup.
- For the most spacious sound place a pair of speakers 6' to 15' apart with the listening position about 1-.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- However, excellent sound can still be achieved by placing these speakers close to both sides of your TV if that is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Since a center-channel speaker is designed to place dialogue and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the video screen.
- The speaker should therefore be placed horizontally, as close to the screen as possible, preferably at least 1" directly below the screen.
- As rear surrounds, a pair of speakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position (typically this will be about 5'-7'above the floor.
- The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position or on the wall behind the listening position.
- The RP-140D on-wall loudspeaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally when wall-mounted or attached to the included table-top base.
- Dual four-way keyhole slots allow for easy, tight-to-the-wall mounting (mounting screws not included).
- The included glass base provides a table-top solution for placing the speaker on a stand, table, or shelf (the base attaches to the speaker using the two included screws when the speaker is mounted vertically and only one screw when the speaker is mounted horizontally).
- Vertical: 6.0" (w) x 11.9375" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Horizontal: 11.9375" (w) x 6.0" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Vertical: 7.5" (w) x 13.5" (h) x 5.0" (d)
- Horizontal: 11.9375" (w) x 6.875" (h) x 5.0" (d)