KEF Blade - Snow White (Pair)
- The BLADE's singular HF/MF Uni-Q driver array works in tandem with its four side-mounted bass driver, effectively creating a single, flawlessly coherent unit.
- To avoid bass frequency dissipation, the LF drivers are mounted back-to-back. This configuration cancels out any unwanted frequencies or coloration, and partly accounts for the BLADE's engagingly musical performance.
- Two pairs of the finest audiophile quality WBT connectors allow for bi-wiring, or bi-amping, so you can properly harness every single detail of the music you're listening to.
- The simple low order crossovers employ the best components available, carefully selected by our engineers so that every part of the signal path is fine-tuned for maximum clarity.
- All crossover components are individually wired by hand, rather than mounted on a conventional printed circuit board.
- This optimizes both reliability and sound quality by assuring the cleanest possible signal transmission.
KEF BLADE Floorstanding Speaker
- The KEF BLADE is a state-of-the-art floorstanding speaker whose sleek and curvaceous cabinets are individually handmade in the UK for each and every customer.
- The BLADE features KEF's bespoke Uni Q Driver Array, which combines the high and mid-range frequency drivers into one, and four 9” low frequency drivers, two on each side.
- By mounting the bass drivers back-to-back, and combined with the speaker's acoustically inert cabinet, the BLADE's elegant performance is like standing mere feet from your favorite artist performing right in front of you.
An Immaculate Soundstage
- The KEF BLADE uses its patented Uni-Q Driver array and four 9 inch force-cancelling bass drivers mounted equidistant from its loudspeaker.
- This allows the entirety of the BLADE to project a three-dimensional soundstage that's not only believable, but breathtaking.
- Simply put, you'll feel as if there's a live performance happening in your listening room.
- The sound doesn't seem to be emanating from the BLADE but from a remarkably wide soundstage.
- Designing an acoustically efficient enclosure for a sizable speaker without looking bulky was no easy task.
- Our KEF engineers initially worked with Eric Chan of the New York-based ECCO Design to design a cabinet that was as functional as it is artistically gorgeous, and even drew inspiration from Brancusi’s seminal Modernist masterpiece 'Bird in Space'.
- The resulting, form was dictated mainly by acoustic considerations, with sleek aesthetics planned around what would sound best.
- The gentle radius of the front face presents sound with no discontinuity, and the cabinets are constructed from a glass-reinforced composite that lend themselves to forming curves that eliminate any internal standing waves.
- Despite its immense low-end power, the KEF BLADE is designed to project all its low frequencies without distorting the sound.
- Thanks to having its low frequency drivers mounted close together, the disruptive kinetic forces involved in producing such deep bass are effectively cancelled out.
- This configuration produces a natural-sounding and engaging performance.
Single Apparent Source Sound
- Like listening to one voice rather than many, sound from a single source is inherently clearer.
- Not only are the acoustic centers of the high-frequency and mid-frequency drivers in the BLADE Uni-Q array one in the same, but its four low-frequency drivers are mounted equidistant from it so their acoustic centers occupy exactly the same point in space.
Crystal-Clear Bass Response
- The BLADE's twin pairs of bass drivers are mounted in discrete chambers, separated by an internal partition.
- By increasing the frequency of any possible internal standing waves generated by the speakers to way beyond the crossover point, we reduced the need for damping material, which can otherwise impair bass quality. The result is a detailed bass response that comes across as clear as daylight.
- Two pairs of the finest audiophile-quality connectors allow bi-wiring/bi-amping to optimize the retrieval of low-level detail in the music.
- On top of that, our low order crossovers specified for the BLADE employ the best components available and are carefully selected by a rigorous auditioning process so that every part of the signal path is fine-tuned for maximum clarity.
- Not to mention the BLADE is completely handwired to optimize reliability and clean, clear sound quality.
- Is the production version of the famous Concept BLADE project KEF revealed at the Munich High End Show in 2009.
- Refined using ingenious new materials to replicate the shattering performance of the original, KEF BLADE is a unique synthesis of cutting edge audio technology and groundbreaking design.
- The inspiration was simple: to give some of the world's most talented audio engineers complete freedom to create a speaker to showcase KEF's technology leadership and powers of innovation.
- No preconceptions. No need to use existing components. And no design or cost restrictions whatsoever.
- After three years of original research and exhaustive testing, what our team came up with looked and sounded like no other speaker: Concept BLADE, whose startling acoustic precision was so enthusiastically acclaimed when it was first revealed at the Munich High End Show in 2009.
- But unlike glamorously radical concept cars that never see production, we decided it was simply too good not to take a step further.
- Encouraged by all the reviews, and to mark KEF's 50th anniversary, the design team was given the go-ahead to develop this stunning concept for production, and two more years were spent painstakingly refining the concept to produce an edition that serious audiophiles could actually own.
- We devised ingenious applications of different new materials to replicate the shattering performance of the original, using innovative technologies to deliver the acoustic capabilities required of such a super-premium product. We perfected a method of manufacturing the complex parabolic enclosures.
- The drivers gained sophisticated enhancements to recapture the magic of listening to the one-off prototype.
- What was previously thought impossible was set to become a reality. The result is KEF BLADE - a unique synthesis of cutting edge audio technology and groundbreaking design.
- While the technologies involved are very advanced, the original focus on simplicity remains every single component operates so comfortably within its performance envelope that they work together as a single, flawlessly coherent unit - in effect, a giant full range Uni-Q driver array.