Denon Heos Bar Powered Sound Bar/heos Music System
- The HEOS Bar by Denon delivers exceptional performance to enhance the sound from your TV or Blu-ray player, plus has the ability to act as an audio streaming solution - all while retaining the elegance of a slim-line soundbar.
- The HEOS Bar delivers exceptional performance with state of the art signal processing, amplification, and 9 high-performance drivers.
- The HEOS Bar lets you experience thrilling movie soundtracks and high resolution music streaming.
- By itself, the HEOS Bar is a 3.0 channel soundbar with dedicated left, right, and center speaker channels for optimal sound from a single speaker.
- You can add the optional wireless HEOS Sub (sold separately) to create a 3.1 channel system with bigger bass and greater impact.
- In addition to the HEOS Sub, you can also add two wireless rear HEOS speakers (sold separately) to create a 5.1 channel home theater system for a more immersive soundfield.
- You can even wirelessly connect the HEOS Amp (sold separately) to a pair of passive speakers for rear surrounds.
9-Driver Array w/ Class D Amplification:
- The HEOS Bar employs three 1.5" tweeters and six 2"x5" mid woofers for a 9 driver array. Each channel (Left, Right, Center), of the HEOS Bar features one tweeter and two mid woofers.
- Six channels of high efficiency, cool-running Class D digital bi-amplification delivers pristine sound, wide dynamic range, and low distortion.
- The HEOS Bar's bass reflex enclosure features two rear firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response.
Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio:
- The HEOS Bar supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital, & DTS through HDMI.
- It also supports Dolby Digital & DTS through its Optical & Coaxial digital inputs.
High Resolution & Compressed Music Formats:
- The HEOS Bar supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience over DLNA or USB.
- Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz; as well as DSD (2.8/5.6MHz). HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files; such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
- Featuring four HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output, the HEOS Bar incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, High Dynamic Range (HDR), BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling.
- The HEOS Bar also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- The HEOS Bar supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output.
- It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI. There is no video resolution upscaling.
- All of the soundbar's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
HDR (High Dynamic Range):
- The HEOS Bar supports HDR 10. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
- HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast.
- This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
4:4:4 Color Subsampling:
- All HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz).
- With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020):
- The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec.
- 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- The HEOS Bar supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible TVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI).
- Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
ARC (Audio Return Channel):
- This feature of the HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the HEOS Bar through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television.
- This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your TV.
Network Multiroom Audio
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound:
- The HEOS Bar by Denon is part of the HEOS wireless multi-room audio eco-system; comprising of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, & pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple.
- To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need.Denon's HEOS network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection n Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wire ess (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment.
- The HEOS Bar can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback.
- The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Simply connect the HEOS Bar to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS Bar wirelessly to your home's WiFi network.
- During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS Bar.
- The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the speaker via the connected cable.
- You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Remote & Convenience Features
- You'll need to download the HEOS App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (4.0+) device.
- The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system.
- Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home.
- Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system.
- The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- You also get access to Bass & Treble (-5 to +5) and Audio Delay (0-500ms). If you add the HEOS Sub or HEOS wireless speakers you can adjust the level and distance of each from within the app.
- From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing.
- You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app.
- Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the HEOS Bar. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've save, and your recent listening History.
- The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art.
- You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute.
- In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.