Denon DCD-800NE Single-disc CD Player With Front-panel USB
- The Denon DCD-800NE plays music CDs and can also play data CDs, including CD-R and CD-RW discs with MP3 and WMA audio tracks (48-320kbps; 32/44.1/48kHz in ISO9660).
- The player can recognize up to 256 folders and 512 files.
- The unit will also supports ID3-tag and WMA-tag data for the display of song/artist/album information from MP3 and WMA music files.
Ultra-Precision 32-Bit/192kHz DAC:
- The DCD-800NE utilizes a Burr Brown 32-bit/192kHz DAC (PCM1795) for a high degree of precision, to bring you the best sound quality possible with wide dynamic range, extremely low noise, and no distortion.
Advanced AL32 Processing Plus:
- The DCD-800NE is equipped with Advanced AL32 Processing Plus, the latest in analog waveform reproduction technology from Denon.
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus utilizes data interpolation algorithms, which support high-resolution audio sources.
- The algorithms add in the points that should exist before and after large quantities of data, smoothing out the waveform and restoring information that was lost during the digital recording.
- The resulting playback is highly detailed, free of interference, richly expressive in the lower range and beautifully faithful to the original sound - so you can listen to to your music as the artist intended.
DAC Master Clock Circuit Design:
- To accurately synchronize digital circuits, the DCD-800NE is built with a DAC Master Clock design that treats the DAC as the master when clock signals are supplied.
- Crafted with exceptional quality, the master clock is immediately adjacent to the DAC, which suppresses jitter and ensures optimal precision in D/A conversion.
- It serves as the reference for semiconductor operation and optimizes digital audio circuitry.
Circuitry With Minimized Signal Paths:
- The circuit patterns in the DCD-800NE are thoughtfully engineered to make signal paths as short as possible.
- With shorter circuits, the interference between circuits and left and right channels is reduced, and the adverse influences on audio signals are minimized.
- As a result, the circuit paths in the DCD-800NE reproduces sound that's clean, highly transparent and faithful to the original recording.
- The DCD-N800NE's vibration-resistant design reduces the adverse audio effects of heavy components within amplifiers so that sound quality meets Denon standards.
- Power transformers are fitted near the bottom of DCD-800NE and immediately above the insulators to prevent unwanted vibration.
- By lowering the transformer, the vibration surrounding the chassis is reduced, resulting in pristine sound.
Pure Direct Mode:
- Listen with Pure Direct Mode on the DCD-800NE. Pure Direct Mode feeds sound directly to the connected receiver or amplifier, bypassing any processing that might otherwise color the signal.
- What you hear is clean, detailed, accurate sound. In Pure Direct mode, the display turns off and digital audio output stops.
- This reduces the source of noise that can adversely affect sound quality, enabling high quality playback.
Front-Panel USB Port:
- The DCD-800NE is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable HDD (a portable hard disk drive will require an external power supply).
- Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 (a FAT16 device can have up to 2GB of storage, while a FAT32 device can have up to 2TB of storage).
- The unit can recognize up to 255 folders/65,025 files. You can use the CD player's remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device.
- Song/artist information will display the players front-panel LCD.
- USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD player's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Analog & Digital Outputs:
- The Denon DCD-800NE is outfitted with both analog and digital audio outputs to connect to your AV receiver, stereo receiver, preamplifier, or integrated amplifier.
- There is one analog stereo RCA output, one optical (toslink) digital output, and one coaxial (RCA) digital output.
Front-Panel & Remote Control:
- The supplied IR remote control features an ergonomically-designed layout that includes a cursor keypad, number keypad and dedicated function buttons such as random, repeat, info and program.
- There are also push-button controls on the front-panel of the CD player to operate Power, Eject, Play/Pause, Stop, and Previous/Next Track.
- From the remote control you can program up to 25 tracks for playback.
- You can enter a song track or music file directly using the remote's numeric keypad.
- The front-panel display indicates the disc's or USB device's total tracks and total time, as well as the track number and track time, and the song title, artist name and album name (depending on the source format), along with icons for random mode, repeat 1 and repeat all modes, and a folder icon for data discs.
- The dimmer function features 3 levels of display brightness, adjustable via the remote control
- If there is no input signal or operation for approximately 30 minutes, the Denon CD player will automatically go into Standby mode.