Denon Ceol RCD-N10 Compact Stereo Receiver
Audio & Tuner Section
Class D Stereo Amplifier:
- The Denon CEOL series RCD-N10 network CD receiver is equipped with a high-output class D amplifier rated at 65 watt x 2 channel (@1kHz, into 4Ω, with 0.7%THD) .
- Full digital processing is used to perform all processes in the digital domain during playback of wired and wireless digital sources, eliminating external noise.
- The Denon RCD-N10 network CD receiver provides Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) control with an adjustment range of -10dB to +10dB). It also offer Left & Right Balance control. In addition, there is a SDB (Super Dynamic Bass) feature that can be turned on to emphasize bass around 100Hz up to +8dB.
- You can bypass the receiver's tone controls by selecting Source Direct for a purer sound that is closer to the original source recording.
- You can set the unit's maximum volume to 80, 85, 90, 95, or 100 (max).
- The volume cannot be increased above this setting. The unit's entire volume range is from 0 to 100.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs:
- The Denon RCD-N10 is equipped with analog & digital audio inputs. There is one analog stereo RCA input and two optical (toslink) digital inputs.
- The digital inputs support 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS).
- You can setup one of the optical inputs (not both) for automatic input switching, so when you turn on the connected source device and begin playback, the network CD receiver will automatically switch over to that optical digital input.
- There is no phono input for connecting a turntable.
- If you want to connect a turntable, you'll need a turntable with its own built-in phono preamp or you'll need an external phono preamp (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Spring-Post Speaker Terminals:
- The Denon RCD-N10 is equipped with four spring-post terminals to connect a pair of 4 to 16 ohm loudspeakers.
- The spring-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 14AWG). The spring-post terminals do not support banana plugs.
- A mono-RCA subwoofer output allows you to connect a powered subwoofer for bigger bass. he subwoofer output does not contain a low-pass crossover or level adjustment.
- You'll need a powered subwoofer with a built-in low-pass crossover and level adjustment.
3.5mm Headphone Jack:
- There is a 3.5mm headphone jack on the front-panel of the RCD-N10 network CD receiver allowing you to connect a set of headphones and listen to your music privately.
- When headphones are plugged in, audio will no longer be output from the unit's connected speakers.
- You can set the gain (High, Mid, Low) of the headphone amplifier in accordance with the impedance of your connected headphones.
- The Denon network CD receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 50 station auto-preset memory tuning.
- You can also set your presets manually. FM wire and AM loop antenna is included.
- The Denon CEOL series RCD-N10 features a built-in CD player with playback support for CD Audio discs, as well as CD-R and CD-RW discs with MP3/WMA music files (formatted in ISO9660 level1).
- The unit can recognize up to 256 folders/512 files on one disc. In addition to basic playback & search functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Random/Repeat).
- The CD player offers direct track access and program playback (up to 25 tracks).
- The CD player can also be setup to automatically begin playback when a disc is loaded.
Front-Panel USB Port:
- The Denon RCD-N10 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable HDD (a portable hard disk drive will require an external power supply).
- Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 (a FAT16 device can have up to 2GB of storage, while a FAT32 device can have up to 2TB of storage).
- The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/500 files. You can use the network CD receiver's remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display the network CD receivers front-panel LCD.
- USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the network CD receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
- The Denon RCD-N10 features built-in Bluetooth 3.0+EDR with a 98.4' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5).
- You'll be able to wirelessly connect to smartphones (including iPhone & Android), tablets (including iPad & Android), laptops (including Microsoft Surface & Macbook), computers (including Windows PC & Mac), and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the RCD-N10, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time).
Wireless Music Streaming:
- You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Denon network CD receiver.
- The network CD receiver supports the Bluetooth SBC codec only.
Wireless Music Control:
- You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the network audio player's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- There is no song/artist information display on the network CD receiver. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Network, HEOS, & AirPlay
Wired or Wireless Network Connection:
- The Denon RCD-N10 offers a wired or wireless network connection. Either network connection gives the network CD receiver access to HEOS music apps (like Pandora, Amazon, or Tidal), TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server.
- The Denon RCD-N10 network CD receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to make a wired connection from the network CD receiver to your home network.
- The network CD receiver also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual, or shared through your Apple iOS device (7.0+).
TuneIn Internet Radio:
- The Denon RCD-N10 includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service.
- Simply select TuneIn from the network CD receiver's menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
- If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Denon network audio player.
- Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends.
- You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps:
- With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services (fees may apply), plus the music library of your mobile device through the Denon network CD receiver.
Online Music Services:
- Using the HEOS app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Napster, TuneIn, & Spotify (some services will require a paid subscription, purchases, and/or other fees).
- The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
Mobile Device Streaming:
- Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Denon network CD receiver.
- You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device.
- You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.