Definitive Technology XTR®-20BP Ultra-Thin Bi-Polar Surround Speaker-(Pair)
- Experience sensational sonic performance that seemingly disappears into walls and ceilings.
- Dt series speakers were developed from the ground up with the highest quality materials. Clear, natural sound springs from high definition drivers, as acoustically optimized tweeters reveal the most delicate of details.
- All while wafer-thin grilles hide in plain sight. Each component specifically selected to maximize performance.
Surround sound to believe in
- Envelop your home in rich, high performance sound from built-in speakers that won’t encroach on your living space.
- Choose from a wide variety of dt series single stereo and surround loudspeakers to create a complete stealth home theater experience.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-20BP is a bipolar surround loudspeaker intended for use as a surround speaker or surround back speaker in a 5.1 or 7.1 channel home theater configuration.
- This full-range bipolar surround speaker combines spacious soundstaging and lifelike depth-of-field with easy-to-position convenience.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-20BP features two angled 3-1/2" XTDD mid/bass drivers and one pure aluminum 1" dome tweeter for excellent high frequency extension and midrange detail.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP features a slim extruded aluminum enclosure which measures only 2.5" deep.
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- Bipolar speakers can be utilized to spread sound over a wider area.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP surround speaker contains two 3-1/2 inch XTDD mid/bass drivers that are angled (at 16°) in opposite directions to broaden the midrange dispersion for a spacious and enveloping surround effect.
- Bipolar speakers fill the room with an enveloping sound, creating the illusion of multiple speakers surrounding your entire room.
- Using bipolar speakers as surrounds or surround back speakers creates an experience that seems larger than your room.
Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- The Mythos XTR-20BP features a center-mounted, pure aluminum 1" dome tweeter.
- The pure aluminum dome tweeter provides clarity, dynamic range, and extended high-frequency response.
XTDD Technology Drivers:
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-20BP surround speaker utilizes Definitive's patent-pending XTDD technology anodized Aluminum dome driver for extraordinary performance.
- Using state-of-the-art computer modeling and decades of speaker design experience, Definitive engineers eliminated every inch of wasted space, optimized every part, and maximized the moving surface area of a dynamic driver to shrink it down to a very compact dimension without giving up ultra high performance audio fidelity.
- The XTDD drivers provide dynamic punch, a wide frequency range, and broad dispersion that flat vibrating membrane panel-type speakers simply cannot match.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP bipolar surround speaker is timber matched for use with the Definitive Technology Mythos XTR series LCR speakers.
Extruded Aluminum Enclosure:
- The Mythos XTR-20BP features a hand-polished, gloss-black, aircraft-grade, extruded aluminum enclosure with proprietary damping technologies that ensure total rigidity.
- All components of the speaker are mounted on a resonance-free PolyStone baffle.
- These rock-solid construction technologies along with state-of-the-art drivers and tweeter serve to deliver classic Definitive Technology sound quality: wide soundstage, spacious imaging, high dynamic impact, and superb realism.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP bipolar surround speaker features a black cloth magnetic grille which easily attaches and detaches from the speaker.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP bipolar surround speaker is equipped with a plug-in C-clamp speaker terminal to attach your receiver's speaker wire (up to 14 AWG).
- The Mythos XTR-20BP bipolar surround speaker can be used as a surround speaker and surround back channel speaker in a 5.1 or 7.1 channel configuration.
- The Mythos XTR-20BP surround speaker can be placed on a table, shelf, or stand in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
- The XTR-20BP can be simply laid on its side to place the speaker horizontally.
- A vertical foot-stabilizer is included to rest the speaker vertically.
- The XTR-20BP can be mounted directly to the wall using the two key-hole slots on the back of the enclosure and the included wall-mount bracket (mounting screws sold separately).
- The Mythos bipolar surround speaker can be mounted on the wall horizontally or vertically.
- There is also a single 1/4"-20 threaded screw insert on the back of the speaker's enclosure, if you wish to use an optional articulating wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- A horizontal and vertical template is supplied to help with installation.