Definitive Technology W9 Wireless Powered Speaker
FeaturesW9 Wireless Speaker:
- The W9 is Definitive Technology's flagship wireless speaker.
- Created for the audio enthusiast with unrelenting performance expectations, the W9 delivers exceptional dynamic range and extraordinary bass response.
- Speakers on the front baffle and on both sides of the enclosure create a "Tri-Polar" dispersion pattern that radiates sound off of the surrounding walls for a broad soundstage with spacious imaging.
- Combining a built-in digital amplifier, digital signal processing, a pair of dome tweeters, dual midbass woofers, and two side-firing full-range drivers, the Definitive Technology W9 is able to produce an impressive sound.
6Ch Digital Amplifier:
- Each woofer, tweeter, and full-range driver has its own dedicated amplifier channel for greater dynamic range and performance.
- 10 watts is delivered to each tweeter and full-range driver, while 70 watts is delivered to each midbass woofer.
- The W9 features a total of six drivers. There are two front-firing 1" aluminum dome tweeters, dual front-firing 5.25" midbass woofers, and a pair of side-firing 2" full-range drivers (opposite sides).
Definitive Technology Wireless Collection:
- The W9 is part of Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection which is wireless solution for distributing music anywhere in your home or office.
- Stream select online music services, Internet radio, and your personal digital music library all from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Due to bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, Definitive Technology does not recommend more than 16 wireless Play-Fi devices on the same WiFi network at a given time.
- The Definitive Technology W9 is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to hardwire the speaker to your home's network router.
- The W9 also features built-in WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) for a wireless connection to your home network.
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality.
- DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality.
- DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
- All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Polk, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
- There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi speaker to your home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the free Definitive Technology App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network).
- You can also use the WPS button on the speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
- Download the free Definitive Technology App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer.
- From the app you can initially set up the Definitive Technology wireless system, as well as add, link, and control all your Definitive Technology Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi speakers.
- You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Wireless Collection series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home.
- The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art.
- You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection supports a variety of music sources.
- You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the Definitive Technology Wireless collection system through the free Definitive Technology app.
- From the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio.
- The Definitive Technology wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network.
- Use the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
- MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
Supported Music Files:
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
- The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound).
- Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode:
- For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity.
- Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported:
- You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Analog & Digital Inputs:
- The W9 is fitted with a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input and a optical (toslink) digital input.
- The minijack input will accommodate any analog source with a analog or headphone output.
- The optical digital input lets you connect your digital audio device (2ch PCM only).
- These inputs can only be played back at the speaker location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
- The Definitive Technology App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) lets you link two W9 speakers together to create a stereo image with discrete left and right speakers.
- This is perfect for larger spaces or for the enthusiast who wants a stereo image.
- After you setup a stereo pair, the two W9 speakers will show up as one "Speaker" under the speaker tab of the Definitive Technology.
- You can use a pair of the W9 wireless speakers (all sold separately) as rear surround speakers with Defintive Technology's W Microbar soundbar (735MCROBAR, sold separately) to create a more enveloping home theater system. Use the Definitive Technology App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) to configure the rear speakers to your wireless network and sync them with the W Studio Micro soundbar.
AC Power Adapter:
- The Definitive Technology W9 wireless speaker operates off of standard household current using the included 5.5' AC power cord (100-240V~50/60Hz, 180W) .