Definitive Technology W7 Wireless Powered Speaker
W7 Wireless Speaker:
- The W7 is Definitive Technology's ultra-compact, DTS Play-Fi wireless speaker, perfect for those who want great wireless sound in their home or office.
Tri-Polar Speaker Technology:
- The W7's "Tri-Polar" configuration radiates sound off of surrounding walls for a soundstage that is broad, natural, and can be heard throughout the room.
- Combining a built-in digital amplifier, digital signal processing, four dome tweeters, one midbass driver, and dual passive radiators, the Definitive Technology W7 is able to produce impressive bass and spacious imaging.
- A 15-watt x 4-channel digital amplifier powers the four 1" tweeters, while a 30W x 1-chaneel amplifier powers the 4" midbass woofer.
- The W7 features a total of four 1" aluminum dome tweeters; two front-firing and two side-firing (opposite sides).
- The W7 also combines a front-firing 4" midbass woofer with two side-firing 4" passive radiators (opposite sides) for deep, detailed midbass.
Definitive Technology Wireless Collection:
- The W7 is part of Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection which is wireless solution for distributing music anywhere in your home or office.
- Stream select online music services, Internet radio, and your personal digital music library all from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Due to bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, Definitive Technology does not recommend more than 16 wireless Play-Fi devices on the same WiFi network at a given time.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity:
- The Definitive Technology W7 is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to hardwire the speaker to your home's network router.
- The W7 also features built-in WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) for a wireless connection to your home network.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology:
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality.
- DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality.
- DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
- All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Polk, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
- There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi speaker to your home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the free Definitive Technology App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network).
- You can also use the WPS button on the speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Definitive Technology App:
- Download the free Definitive Technology App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer.
- From the app you can initially set up the Definitive Technology wireless system, as well as add, link, and control all your Definitive Technology Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi speakers.
- You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Wireless Collection series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home.
- The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art.
- You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources:
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection supports a variety of music sources.
Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android):
- You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the Definitive Technology Wireless collection system through the free Definitive Technology app.
Online Music Services:
- From the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio.
Computer Music Library:
- The Definitive Technology wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network.
- Use the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
- MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
Supported Music Files:
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
- The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound).
- Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode:
- For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment.
- In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity.
- Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported:
- You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room.
- Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Analog & Digital Inputs:
- The W7 is fitted with a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input and a optical (toslink) digital input.
- The minijack input will accommodate any analog source with a analog or headphone output.
- The optical digital input lets you connect your digital audio device (2ch PCM only).
- These inputs can only be played back at the speaker location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
- The Definitive Technology App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) lets you link two W7 speakers together to create a stereo image with discrete left and right speakers.
- This is perfect for larger spaces or for the enthusiast who wants a stereo image.
- After you setup a stereo pair, the two W7 speakers will show up as one "Speaker" under the speaker tab of the Definitive Technology.
- You can use a pair of the W7 wireless speakers (all sold separately) as rear surround speakers with Defintive Technology's W Microbar soundbar (735MCROBAR, sold separately) to create a more enveloping home theater system.
- Use the Definitive Technology App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) to configure the rear speakers to your wireless network and sync them with the W Studio Micro soundbar.
- Definitive Technology's W7 features a "Cube" shape design which makes a strong visual impression with its bold, minimalist compact shape that easily tucks into the corner of your kitchen counter, bookshelf, or credenza.
AC Power Adapter:
- The Definitive Technology W7 wireless speaker operates off of standard household current using the included 5.5' AC power cord (100-240V~50/60Hz, 2A) .