Definitive Technology W Studio Powered Sound Bar With Dts Play-fi® And Wireless Subwoofer
- Soundbar Speaker & Subwoofer System
- Wireless Music Streaming & Multiroom Capability
W Studio Home Theater System:
- The Definitive Technology W Studio consists of a wireless soundbar speaker with accompanying wireless subwoofer that blends high-performance home theater and musical sound with wireless music streaming and multiroom capability.
- The system has been designed to deliver a virtual 5.1-channel sound experience without the need for an AV receiver or rear speakers.
- Its the perfect compliment to your high-definition or Ultra-HD flat-panel TV.
- Plus, it works seamlessly with Definitive Technology's DTS Play-Fi wireless speakers for multiroom audio throughout your home.
- The active soundbar speaker houses three 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters and six 3" polymer composite midrange drivers for accurate, clear natural sound.
- Each driver and tweeter in the soundbar is powered by its own digital amplifier.
- A total of 120-watts powers the soundbar to lifelike volume levels to fill even large rooms with high impact and low-distortion sound.
- The active soundbar features an extremely rigid and resonance-free enclosure constructed of MDF and ABS "polystone" for superior sound.
- The wireless powered sub features a down-firing 8" high excursion woofer housed in a bass reflex enclosure (with down-firing port) that is powered by an integrated 200W digital amplifier to provide you with all the impact you want from your favorite music and movie soundtracks.
- An acoustically inert cabinet and integrated rubber feet prevent against unwanted audible distortion.
- The subwoofer connects to the soundbar speaker wirelessly via 2.4GHz with a range of up to 45', so there are no additional cables to run.
- The wireless powered sub does require AC power.
Spatial Array & TruSurroundHD4 Technologies:
- The Definitive Technology W Studio incorporates Spatial Array and TruSurroundHD4 technologies, unique patented technologies that create an immersive surround sound from one soundbar speaker without the need for a room full of speakers.
- Spatial Array Surround technology uses subtle, but complex directional cues to completely free the sound from the speaker enclosure and convince your ear/brain listening mechanism that you are surrounded multiple speakers.
- TruSurround HD4 elevates the sound from the speaker axis, accentuates the perception of deep bass, adjusts the high frequencies making voice and dialog much clearer, and provides a greater enveloping sound.
- Since both of these technologies do not depend on bouncing sound off walls, it works in virtually any room and set-up configuration.
Dolby Digital/DTS + Dolby Pro Logic II Processing:
- The W Studio supports Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1ch format for maximum audio performance.
- You will enjoy music and movies with full dynamic impact and the highest definition, clarity and detail.
- The system also offers Dolby Pro Logic II processing which transforms stereo content into full-range surround sound.
Digital + Analog Connections (including HDMI):
- The W Studio soundbar speaker has a full-array of inputs including HDMI (3), digital optical (1), and analog (1) allowing you to connect your Blu-Ray player, cable/satellite tuner, gaming console as well as a legacy source such as a VCR.
- The three HDMI inputs support both audio (up 5.1ch) and video (up to 1080p) signals for convenient hookup and neat wire management.
- There is also a HDMI output that feeds the audio/video signal (up to 5.1ch/1080p) from your AV source through the soundbar speaker to your flat-panel TV.
- The optical (toslink) digital input supports 2.1ch to 5.1ch audio. The analog (3.5mm) input supports 2ch audio only.
- The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- That's why Audiomaxx recommends connecting your Blu-ray/DVD player, cable/satellite receiver, and gaming console directly to the W Studio soundbar speaker's 3 HDMI inputs and connect the soundbar speaker's HDMI output to your TV; you'll also need to connect your TV's optical digital output to the soundbar speaker's optical digital input since the system's HDMI output is not ARC-enabled.
- The W Studio soundbar speaker system offers a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your overall listening experience.
- The Music/Movie modes optimize the system's sound characteristics such as bass level and surround effect intensity to best match what you're listening to - a movie or music soundtrack.
- The remote's Bass control lets you optimize the system's bass loudness to match the program material, your taste or your mood.
- The Center control adjusts the volume of the channel that handles almost all of the dialogue duties in order to correct for differences in dialogue intelligibility from program to program.
- Night Mode is a useful feature to use late at night if other family members are asleep.
- When Night Mode (Dynamic Range Compression) is turned on, peaks in the audio signal are compressed.
- This makes it easier to hear at low volume levels.
- At the same time more intense sounds (like explosions) are reduced.
- The W Studio system puts you in control, simply and comfortably with its ergonomic IR remote. As you slide your finger over the remote you'll notice that all the controls are shaped with concave and convex forms to make it easy to use even in the dark.
- It fits perfectly in your hand, your thumb naturally falling on the most often used control (Volume).
- For greater convenience, you can program the W Studio to respond to the power, volume, mute, and source select commands of your TV or cable/satellite box remote.
- The soundbar speaker's IR output and the included IR flasher allow the unit to be placed in front of a TV (for example, when used on a table top) without disrupting your TV's remote functions.
- The soundbar's IR input can be used for custom home automation systems.
- The W Studio soundbar speaker offers a variety of mounting options. Supplied hardware enable the soundbar to be placed in one of three places; flat on a shelf under your flat-panel TV, raised above your TV's integrated pedestal stand, or mounted on a wall.
- The supplied magnetic riser feet enable you to raise the soundbar speaker (up to 5/8") in order to clear your TV's pedestal stand.
- If you prefer to wall mount the sound bar, it has built-in keyhole slots (spaced 32" apart).
- Because the powered subwoofer is wireless, you can select practically any location that best fits your lifestyle and décor.
- The subwoofer's unobtrusive cube form factor tucks out of the way nicely behind furniture.
Definitive Technology Wireless Collection:
- The W Studio is part of Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection which is wireless solution for distributing music anywhere in your home or office.
- Stream select online music services, Internet radio, and your personal digital music library all from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology:
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality.
- DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
- All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Polk, Phorus,Wren, etc..) in your home.
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment.
- The W Studio connects to your home's wireless network via WiFi (802.11 g/n).
- A dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection.
- There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi soundbar speaker to your home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the free Definitive Technology App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the soundbar speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Definitive Technology App:
- Download the free Definitive Technology App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer.
- From the app you can initially set up the Definitive Technology wireless system, as well as add, link, and control all your Definitive Technology Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi speakers.
- You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Wireless Collection series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home.
- The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art.
- You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources:
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection supports a variety of music sources.
- You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the Definitive Technology Wireless collection system through the free Definitive Technology app.
- The Definitive Technology wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network.
- Use the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
- MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
- The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode:
- For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment.
- In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity.
- Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported:
- You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room.
- Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.