Definitive Technology W Studio Micro™ Powered Sound Bar With DTS Play-fi® And Wireless Sub
- Soundbar Speaker & Subwoofer System
- Wireless Music Streaming & Multiroom Capability
W Studio Micro Home Theater System:
- The Definitive Technology W Studio Micro consists of A wireless soundbar speaker with accompanying wireless subwoofer that blends high-performance home theater and musical sound with wireless music streaming and multiroom capability.
- The system has been designed to deliver a virtual surround sound experience without the need for an AV receiver or rear speakers.
- Its the perfect compliment to your high-definition or Ultra-HD flat-panel TV. Plus, it works seamlessly with Definitive Technology's DTS Play-Fi wireless speakers for multiroom audio throughout your home.
- The active soundbar speaker houses three 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters and four 1" x 3" polymer composite midrange drivers for accurate, clear natural sound.
- A total of 90 watts powers the soundbar to lifelike volume levels to fill even large rooms with high impact and low-distortion sound.
- The wireless powered sub features a down-firing 8" high excursion woofer housed in a bass reflex enclosure (with down-firing port) that is powered by an integrated 90 watt amplifier to provide you with all the impact you want from your favorite music and movie soundtracks.
- An acoustically inert cabinet and integrated rubber feet prevent against unwanted audible distortion.
- The subwoofer connects to the soundbar speaker wirelessly via 2.4GHz with a range of up to 45', so there are no additional cables to run.
- If you prefer, you can used a wired minijack (3.5mm) connection between the powered sub and the soundbar.
- The wireless powered sub will require AC power.
- Spatial Array Surround w/ SRS TruSurround technology uses subtle, but complex directional cues to completely free the sound from the speaker enclosure and convince your ear/brain listening mechanism that you are surrounded multiple speakers.
- In addition to surround sound enhancement, it improves dialog clarity and maximizes bass response.
- Since both of the technologies do not depend on bouncing sound off walls, it works in virtually any room and set-up configuration.
Dolby Digital & DTS Processing:
- The W Studio Micro supports Dolby Digital and DTS format (up to 5.1ch) for maximum audio performance.
- You will enjoy music and movies with full dynamic impact and the highest definition, clarity and detail.
Digital + Analog Inputs:
- The W Studio Micro soundbar speaker has both digital and analog inputs with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one analog (3.5mm) minijack input allowing you to connect your Blu-Ray player, cable/satellite tuner, gaming console as well as a legacy source such as a VCR.
- The optical digital inputs support 2.1ch to 5.1ch audio. The analog minijack input supports 2ch audio only.
- The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- That's why Crutchfield recommends connecting your Blu-ray/DVD player and cable/satellite receiver directly to the W Studio Micro soundbar speaker's two optical digital inputs.
- The W Studio soundbar speaker system offers a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your overall listening experience.
- The Music/Movie modes optimize the system's sound characteristics such as bass level and surround effect intensity to best match what you're listening to - a movie or music soundtrack.
- The remote's Bass control lets you optimize the system's bass loudness to match the program material, your taste or your mood.
- The Center control adjusts the volume of the channel that handles almost all of the dialogue duties in order to correct for differences in dialogue intelligibility from program to program.
- The W Studio Micro includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system.
- The W Studio Micro soundbar speaker can simply be placed on a flat surface in front of your TV or hung on the wall thanks to its built-in keyhole slots (mounting screws not supplied).
- Because the powered subwoofer is wireless, you can select practically any location that best fits your lifestyle and décor.
- The subwoofer's compact cabinet tucks out of the way nicely behind furniture.
Optional Wireless Rear Speakers:
- You can use a pair of the Definitive Technology W7 or W9 wireless speakers (both sold separately) as rear surround speakers to create a more enveloping home theater system.
- Use the Definitive Technology App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) to configure the rear speakers to your wireless network and sync them with the W Studio Micro soundbar.
Definitive Technology Wireless Collection:
- The W Studio Micro is part of Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection which is wireless solution for distributing music anywhere in your home or office.
- Stream select online music services, Internet radio, and your personal digital music library all from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology:
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality.
- DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality.
- DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
- All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Polk, Phorus,Wren, etc..) in your home.
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment.
- The W Studio Micro connects to your home's wireless network via WiFi (802.11 g/n/ac).
- A dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection.
- There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi soundbar speaker to your home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the free Definitive Technology App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network).
- You can also use the WPS button on the soundbar speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Definitive Technology App:
- Download the free Definitive Technology App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7 & up) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer.
- From the app you can initially set up the Definitive Technology wireless system, as well as add, link, and control all your Definitive Technology Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi speakers.
- You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Wireless Collection series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home.
- The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources:
- The Definitive Technology Wireless Collection supports a variety of music sources.
- You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the Definitive Technology Wireless collection system through the free Definitive Technology app.
- The Definitive Technology wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8/8.1/10) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network.
- Use the free Definitive Technology app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
- MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
- Definitive Technology's Wireless Collection and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, and WAV.
- The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound).
- Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode:
- For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz,
- with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment.
- In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported:
- You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room.
- Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.