Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Ultra-compact Powered Subwoofer For Home Theater
Definitive Technology SuperCube Powered Sub:
- The Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000 is a compact, high-quality powered subwoofer intended for use in a music or home theater system.
- The SuperCube 2000 powered subwoofer allows for easy, seamless integration into almost any two-channel or multichannel speaker system; delivering true, accurate, and extremely deep bass in any room.
- The SuperCube 2000 is finished in a piano-gloss black lacquer finish with a black non-removable cloth grille.
650 Watt Class D Amplifier:
- The SuperCube 2000 is powered by a 650-watt (RMS) class D amplifier.
- The result is high-definition bass performance extending effortlessly down to 20 Hz.
Passive Radiator Design:
- The SuperCube 2000 features a 7.5" high-definition long-throw woofer pressure coupled to two side-firing 7.5" Ultra Low Bass Radiators.
- The total piston area is greater than a 12-inch diameter woofer but with far greater speed, musicality, and control than a single large diameter woofer could deliver.
- The cabinet of a loudspeaker plays a large part in its sonic performance.
- Resonance and vibration can add unwanted distortion as well as drain away important energy from the system.
- The Definitive Technology SuperCube 3000 powered subwoofer utilizes a wood-composite cabinet with internal bracing, that has been specifically engineered to be totally inert and vibration free, to ensure you of pure sonic reproduction.
- The SuperCube 2000 measures only 10.25" (w) x 10.8125" (h) x 12.625" (d), and weighs only 11.33 Kg
- Measurements include rubber-feet and cables.
- The SuperCube 2000 comes with 4 rubber-feet and 4 spiked-feet for safe and secure placement of the powered subwoofer on your carpet or hardwood floors.
- The spiked feet add 0.125" of height to the powered subwoofer.
- There are some general guidelines that you should use when locating the powered subwoofer.
- For best results, place the subwoofer on the same side of the room as your front speakers.
- For maximum output, the subwoofer should be placed in a corner or against the wall, leaving approximately 2" to 4" clearance between the powered subwoofer and the wall(s).
- Corner placement will increase the powered subwoofer's output.
- An acoustic effect called "standing waves" or "room modes" may cause uneven bass at various locations throughout the room.
- This phenomenon is a function of the dimensions of the room and not due to the design of the powered subwoofer.
- To prevent accidental damage to the subwoofer from overdriving the system, the SuperCube 2000 features an internal overload protection circuit, which will turn the subwoofer off or down when overdriven or overheated and will then resume normal operation after a few minutes.
- The Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000 features a rear-mounted volume control.
- This control is used to raise or lower the output level of the subwoofer in relation to the other speaker in your system.
Auto Turn-On Circuit:
- The powered subwoofer has a special power circuit which automatically turns the powered subwoofer on when a signal is fed to the loudspeaker and turns it off when there is no signal present, so it does not require an on-off switch.
- You may hear a pop from the speaker when the amp powers up or powers down; this is normal.
- The red LED on the back panel of the powered subwoofer will light up when a signal is sensed and the amplifier turns on.
- It will automatically turn off with the powered subwoofer, a little while after the signal is discontinued.
LFE Subwoofer Input:
- The Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000 is equipped with a LFE mono-Subwoofer RCA input.
- Simply connect the powered subwoofer to your A/V receiver's LFE mono-Subwoofer RCA output via a mono-Subwoofer cable.
- Because the SuperCube 2000 is only equipped with an LFE input, it does not feature a built-in crossover control.
- You will use the subwoofer output crossover in your A/V receiver to set the low-pass crossover frequency for the SuperCube 2000.
- The SuperCube 2000 does not feature stereo RCA inputs/outputs or speaker-level inputs/outputs.
Detachable AC Power Cord:
- The SuperCube 2000 includes a detachable 7' AC power cord. The SuperCube 2000 must be plugged into a 120V, 60Hz electrical socket (use an unswitched outlet if possible).