Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 65 Bookshelf Speaker
Driver TechnologyStudioMonitor Series:
- The Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 is a compact bookshelf loudspeaker designed for use in audio/video entertainment systems.
- Because the StudioMonitor 65 is a true full-range speaker with extended low-frequency response, it delivers superb performance both as stand-alone speaker and when combined with a separate subwoofer.
- Due to its compact size, wide-range, high-power handling, and natural articulate clarity;
- The StudioMonitor 65 loudspeaker is ideal for use as front, center, or surround speaker in a home theater environment.
- Each Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 loudspeaker features a D'Appolito array consisting of two 5.25" second generation BDSS cast-aluminum basket midrange drivers surrounding a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
- The 6.5" cast-aluminum basket midrange driver features Definitive's patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology that supports the speaker cone at both the inner and outer edges allowing longer, more linear excursion for greater clarity and finely textured inner detail.
- The 1" tweeter is a pure aluminum dome, which has been heat-treated to relax the crystal structure and then coated with a ceramic to produce smooth, extended highs.
- A new patent pending Linear Response Waveguide smoothes off-axis frequency response and disperses sound over a wider area for crystal clear intelligibility for every listener in the room.
Pressure Coupled Radiator Design:
- The dual 5.25" BDSS midrange drivers are pressure coupled to a top-mounted 6"x12" racetrack bass radiator to extend and amplify bass frequencies.
- The total bass radiating from a StudioMonitor 65 is substantially greater than that of a single 12-inch woofer but with far greater control, definition and speed than a single sluggish large woofer.
- The StudioMonitor 65 speaker's bass performance offers depth, detail, and musicality.
- Due to the top-mounted racetrack bass radiator, there should be at least 2" of space above the bookshelf loudspeaker.
Phase-Coherent Crossover Networks:
- The crossover network is the real heart of a loudspeaker as it is responsible for perfectly blending together the sound of the various drivers into a musically seamless whole.
- The sophisticated crossover network design used in the StudioMonitor 65 loudspeaker features premium audiophile-grade components;
- Such as oversized inductors and Mylar capacitors for audiophile-grade sound quality, with linear phase and frequency response.
- An integrated Zobel network flattens the impedance of the system so that even budget amplifiers will be able to drive the StudioMonitor 65 loudspeaker (although a premium amplifier will bring out all the performance it has to offer).
- As a result, the audio signal's phase coherence, transient response, and dynamic integrity is preserved for absolutely lifelike music and home theater reproduction in your home.
- The Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 bookshelf loudspeaker employs a non-resonant MDF braced enclosure that ensures pure, uncolored performance.
- The specially contoured high-gloss baffle around the drivers and the tapered enclosure sides enhance sound quality by minimizing diffraction distortion.
Bi-amp/Bi-wire Binding Posts:
- Each StudioMonitor 65 bookshelf loudspeaker has two sets of heavy-duty, all metal binding post speaker terminals (connected by metal jumpers) to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers for even better sound.
- The binding post speaker terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana-plugs (single only).
- The speaker's binding posts are color-coded (red/black) for easy identification between positive and negative.
- The StudioMonitor 65 loudspeaker can be simply placed on a bookshelf, table-top, or speaker stand (such as the Definitive Technology StudioStand, sold separately ).
- Four self-adhesive rubber feet are included to protect your furniture's surface.
- The optional PinPoint heavy duty side-grip wall-mounting bracket (121AM41B, sold separately) can be used to wall mount the speaker.
- The speaker does not include any type of wall-mount bracket, threaded inserts, or keyhole slots.