Definitive Technology SR-9040 Bipolar Surround Speaker
- The Definitive Technology SR9040's bipolar speaker dispersion pattern provides enveloping surround sound, tremendous dynamic range as well as true high-definition sound quality, which results in total soundfield immersion.
- This compact, high-quality bipolar speaker is intended primarily for use as a surround or surround back speaker.
- In addition, it can also be used as front "effects" speakers in multichannel DSP systems.
- The Definitive Technology SR9040 is a bipolar surround speaker, containing two full-range woofer and tweeter arrays.
- The speaker cabinet has three sides, with the driver arrays firing in phase approximately 100° apart to flood the area with sound and the third side mounts against the wall.
- Dispersing the surround channel's sound evenly over a broad area of the room creates an enveloping home theater experience.
Aluminum Dome Tweeters:
- The SR9040 bipolar surround speaker features two 1" aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs that bring the most demanding audio soundtracks to life.
- Definitive Technology tweeters are designed to play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
BDSS (2nd Gen) Drivers:
- The Definitive Technology SR9040 employs two 3.5" midrange cone woofers with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology (2nd generation).
- BDSS technology improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Resonance-Free Cabinet w/ Acoustically Transparent Grilles:
- The Definitive Technology SR9040 uses a resonance-free cabinet w/ acoustically transparent grilles for high performance, distortion-free sound.
- The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound.
- Thanks to the speaker's acoustically transparent grilles, you'll enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
Binding Post Terminals:
- The speaker terminals are 5-way binding posts that will accommodate spade connectors, single or dual banana plugs, pin-connectors, and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- The SR9040 has a rear-panel keyhole slot for wall-mounting. It can also be simply placed on a shelf or stand.
- For use surround speakers, position the speakers approximately 6' high and directly beside or 1-2" behind the listening area.
- For use as surround back speakers, position the speakers approximately 6' high and 6' apart directly behind the listening area.