Definitive Technology Promonitor 1000 Satellite Speaker
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 loudspeaker utilizes state-of-the-art components (BDSS driver coupled with a pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, a pure aluminum dome tweeter, a uniphase crossover network, and a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction) in order to achieve the most lifelike sound possible in your listening room.
- The ProMonitor 1000 loudspeaker may be used in a 2.0-channel system as a full-range driver, in a 2.1-channel system as a satellite speaker with a powered subwoofer, or as a satellite speaker in multichannel system.
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
Pressure Coupled Radiator Design:
- The ProMonitor satellite provides clear, high-definition sound by pressure-coupling Definitive's exclusive BDSS technology driver to an equal-sized mid/bass radiator cleverly placed on the top of the satellite.
- This technique doubles the lower-midrange radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure.
- The result is a warm and life-like sound.
- Definitive Technology's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) drivers offers a wide-bandwidth accurate frequency response, broad dispersion, low distortion, and detail retrieval; so you hear more the music with greater accuracy and enjoyment.
- BDSS drivers incorporate the following design features.
- The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress parasitic cone resonance.
- The ProMonitor features a deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone engineered using sophisticated 3D modeling techniques for wide range performance.
- The cone's integrated waveguide smoothes off-axis response for broad, even dispersion and better imaging.
- The driver's high temperature, oversized, lightweight vented voice coil offers improved power handling and quick transient response.
- The Lengthened voice coil also offers increased linearity and lower distortion.
- The driver's magnetic system is optimized by finite element analysis to maximize magnetic flux in the gap for high efficiency and linear excursion.
- The die-cast alloy basket minimizes ringing and vibration while the open area minimizes back wave reflection.
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 features a 5-1/4" BDSS driver coupled to a 5-1/4" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
- The ProMonitor 1000 loudspeakers will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability.
- The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Non-Resonant PolyStone Cabinet:
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 uses a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction.
- The speaker cabinet is available in a high-gloss black or white finish.
- The speaker's cabinet feature a removable cloth grille.
The ProMonitor 1000 is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 loudspeakers may be placed on a stand or shelf, or mounted on the wall or ceiling.
- The ProMonitor 1000 features a pedestal foot which allows it to fit securely and safe on a stand or shelf.
- The attached pedestal foot can be removed to mount the speaker to Definitive Technology's matching speaker stand (ProStand, sold separately) or to wall-mount the speaker.
- The ProMonitor 1000 can also be wall-mounted using the rear-panel keyhole slot. In addition, there is a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the speaker so you can use an optional articulating bracket (sold separately) to hang the speaker on a wall or ceiling.
- There is a insert plug included which covers the hole in the bottom of the speaker which you will see after you remove the pedestal foot when wall-mounting the speaker.
- When used as front speakers, the ProMonitor 1000s should usually be placed 6 to 8 feet apart and kept away from the side walls and corners.
- When used as rear speakers, take care never to locate the speakers forward of the listeners.
- The ProMonitor 1000s may be angled in towards the listening position or left parallel with the rear wall according to your personal listening taste.
- Normally, angling the speakers in so that they point directly at the listeners will result in more detail and greater clarity.