Definitive Technology Procinema 800 Home Theater Speaker 5.1Ch System
5.1-Channel Speaker System:
- The Definitive Technology ProCinema 800 System is a 6-piece home theater system incorporating 4 identical easy to place satellite speakers for front and surround channels, a matching center-channel loudspeaker, and a robust powered subwoofer.
- The system's components incorporate many of Definitive's technologies including BDSS drivers, pure aluminum dome tweeters, planar pressure coupled mid/bass radiators, and a 300-Watt powered subwoofer for clear, high-definition home theater sound quality.
Pressure Coupled Radiator Design:
- The ProCinema 800 satellite speakers and center-channel provide clear, high-definition sound by pressure-coupling Definitive's exclusive BDSS technology drivers to equal-sized mid/bass radiators cleverly placed on the outside of the cabinet.
- This technique doubles the lower-midrange radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure.
- The result is a warm and life-like sound.
- Definitive Technology's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) driver offers a wide-bandwidth accurate frequency response, broad dispersion, low distortion, and detail retrieval; so you hear more the music with greater accuracy and enjoyment.
- BDSS drivers incorporate the following design features.
Balanced Double Surrounds:
- The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress parasitic cone resonance.
Mineral-Filled Polymer Cone:
- The ProCenter 1000 features a deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone engineered using sophisticated 3D modeling techniques for wide range performance.
- The cone's integrated waveguide smoothes off-axis response for broad, even dispersion and better imaging.
High Temperature Voice Coil:
- The driver's high temperature, oversized, lightweight vented voice coil offers improved power handling and quick transient response.
- The voice coil is also lengthened to increase linearity and lower distortion.
- The driver's magnetic system is optimized by finite element analysis to maximize magnetic flux in the gap for high efficiency and linear excursion.
Die-Cast Alloy Basket:
- The die-cast alloy basket minimizes ringing and vibration while the open area minimizes back wave reflection.
- The ProCinema 800 Home Speaker System will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability.
- The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction
2 Pairs Of Promonitor 800 Satellite Speakers
Matching Satellite Speaker:
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 satellite loudspeakers utilize state-of-the-art components (BDSS drivers coupled with a pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiators, pure aluminum dome tweeters, uniphase crossover networks, and non-resonant PolyStone cabinets with low diffraction construction) in order to achieve the most lifelike sound possible in your listening room.
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 satellite loudspeakers each feature a 4-1/2" BDSS driver coupled to a 4-1/2" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
Non-Resonant PolyStone Cabinet:
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 satellite loudspeakers use a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction.
- The speaker cabinet is available in a high-gloss black or white finish.
- The speaker's cabinet features a removable cloth grille.
- The ProMonitor 800 satellite loudspeakers are equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 satellite loudspeakers may be placed on a stand or shelf, or mounted on the wall or ceiling.
- The ProMonitor 800 features a pedestal foot which allows it to fit securely and safely on a stand or shelf.
- The attached pedestal foot can be removed to mount the speaker to Definitive Technology's matching speaker stand (ProStand, sold separately) or to wall-mount the speaker.
- The ProMonitor 800 can be wall-mounted using the rear-panel keyhole slot. In addition, there is a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the speaker so you can use Definitive Technology's optional mounting bracket (ProMount 80, sold separately), or other manufacturer's bracket (sold separately) to hang the speaker on a wall or ceiling.
- There is a insert plug included which covers the hole in the bottom of the speaker which you will see after you remove the pedestal foot when wall-mounting the speaker.
- When used as front speakers, the ProMonitor 800s should usually be placed 6 to 8 feet apart and kept away from the side walls and corners.
- When used as rear speakers, take care never to locate the speakers forward of the listeners.
- The ProMonitor 800s may be angled in towards the listening position or left parallel with the rear wall according to your personal listening taste.
- Normally, angling the speakers in so that they point directly at the listeners will result in more detail and greater clarity.
Procenter 1000 Center Channel Speaker:
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 video-shielded center-channel speaker utilizes state-of-the-art components (BDSS driver coupled with a pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, a pure aluminum dome tweeter, a uniphase crossover network, and a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction) in order to achieve the most lifelike sound possible in your listening room.
- As much as 75% of a movie's soundtrack is played by the center-channel loudspeaker making it arguably the most important speaker in a home theater system.
- The ProCenter 1000 loudspeaker is ideal for use as a center-channel speaker in conjunction with Dolby Surround Sound Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital decoding.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 features two 4-1/2" BDSS driver coupled to two side-firing 4-1/2" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiators, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
Non-Resonant PolyStone Cabinet:
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 uses a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction.
- The speaker cabinet is available in a high-gloss black or white finish. The speaker's cabinet features a removable cloth grille.
- The ProCenter 1000 is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 can be mounted on a stand or shelf; or even wall-mounted.
- The ProCenter 1000 has two threaded inserts (1/4"-20) on the back, which can be used with a pair of optional Definitive Technology ProMount brackets (735PMT80, sold separately) or other manufacture wall-mount bracket (sold separately) to mount the ProCenter 1000 on the wall.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 can be placed above or below your television.
- The ProCenter 1000 loudspeaker has a simple built-in device which allows you to adjust the vertical angle of the speaker. There is an adjustable rubber-foot on the bottom-rear of the speaker cabinet. when you set the center-channel speaker down, the speaker will lean back and rest on this foot. By varying how far you screw in-and-out the foot, you can adjust the vertical angle of the speaker. It is recommended that you aim the center-speaker so that it aims directly towards the height of the listeners' ears.
Prosub 800 Subwoofer
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 is an advanced state-of-the-art technology powered subwoofer with a built-in high-power, high-current amplifier and sophisticated electronic crossover, in combination with an active front-firing 8-inch high excursion woofer and 8-inch bottom-mounted passive radiator for massive bass with superior speed, control, and detail.
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 is a compact, high quality, powered subwoofer that can be used in your home theater or music speaker system.
Passive Radiator Design:
- The ProSub 800 features a 300-watt (RMS) amplifier driving a high-excursion 8-inch front-mounted direct-radiating woofer that is pressure-coupled to an 8-inch low-bass passive radiator on the bottom of the enclosure.
- The net radiating area of the ProSub 800 is 27% greater than a single 10 inch woofer but with better speed, pitch definition, and control.
PowerField Technology Amplifier:
- The ProSub 800 incorporates Definitive's proprietary PowerField technology, by which the amplifier is specifically engineered in conjunction with the driver for optimum load matching and power transfer characteristics.
- The Definitive ProSub 800 powered subwoofer incorporates a unique, patented, digitally-coupled infinite power source amplifier with a high-current direct coupled power supply and discrete MOSFET output devices to ensure perfect high-definition resolution and reproduction of the most dynamic program material and demanding sub-bass transients.
- Construction quality is absolutely state-of-the-art, with only the highest quality components used including mil-spec glass epoxy circuit boards and precision resistors and capacitors for many years of faultless superior performance.
- The powerful, high-definition 8" polymer subwoofer driver is specifically engineered by Definitive Technology to deliver rock-solid low distortion bass, reaching down to the lowest subsonic frequencies (20-150Hz), with superior transient response.
- The special ultra-stiff, low-mass cone (for super-fast transient response) is joined to a specially formulated surround and long-throw voice coil and spider.
- The ultra-rigid basket is engineered to hold the woofer's massive magnet structure and large voice coil in absolute alignment.
- The high temperature voice coil is made of aluminum wound with triple insulated ultra-pure copper wire and baked in epoxy for increased power handling.
- The cabinet of a loudspeaker plays a large part in its sonic performance. Resonance and vibration can add unwanted distortion as well as drain away important energy from the system.
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 powered subwoofers utilizes a monocoque cabinet, which has been specifically engineered to be totally inert and vibration free, to ensure you of pure sonic reproduction.
- Monocoque means that the cabinet is of a unitized construction where all panels are permanently joined together into one solid structure.
- The cabinet walls themselves are high-density medite fused together by space-age polymer adhesives.
- The front and rear baffles are extra thick and the cabinet, itself, incorporates multiple internal braces to ensure total solidity.
- A complete array of controls allows the ProSub 800 to be perfectly integrated with any stereo or multi-channel audio system, and tuned for optimum performance in any room.
- The ProSub 800 features a convenient front-side-mounted volume control that makes adjustments fast and easy.
- This precision level control allows you to perfectly adjust the volume of the subwoofer to match your system and room as well as to fulfill your own personal sonic preferences.
Variable Low-Pass Crossover:
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 powered subwoofer has a continuously adjustable low-pass filter control which allows you to choose a roll-off of from 40 to 150 Hz for the high end of the subwoofer.
- This unique "dual stage" roll-off (24dB/oct) is extremely steep which ensures perfect blending with your main speakers as well as eliminating unwanted midrange from the subwoofer.
- This is especially important because it gives you much greater flexibility in placing your subwoofer in your room without being able to hear where it is located.
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 powered subwoofer has a complete range of inputs and outputs to allow easy and effective hookup to any system.
- The ProSub 800 has a separate direct-in LFE low-level input (which bypasses the crossover network).
- Speaker level inputs are provided in case you do not have a subwoofer output.
- The Definitive Technology powered subwoofer has a low-level direct LFE input for Dolby Digital soundtracks, which bypasses the crossover network.
- If you are connecting the subwoofer to an AV receiver without a dedicated subwoofer or LFE preamp output, but does features a stereo RCA output, you will need to use a stereo RCA cable along with an RCA Y-adapter.
Speaker Level In:
- The Speaker Level inputs (binding posts) are designed to be used on receivers or amplifiers that do not incorporate any RCA type subwoofer outputs.
- If your receiver is equipped with an RCA type subwoofer outputs, these speaker level inputs should not be utilized.
Speaker Level Output:
- The ProSub 800 also features speaker level outputs (binding posts), so you can connect your front (main speakers) through the powered subwoofer.
- The ProSub 800 has a built-in speaker level high-pass crossover preset at 80 Hz (6dB/oct).
Auto Turn-On Circuit:
- The powered subwoofer has a special power circuit which automatically turns the powered subwoofer on when a signal is fed to the loudspeaker and turns it off when there is no signal present, so it does not require an on-off switch.
- The red LED on the back panel of the powered subwoofer will light up when a signal is sensed and the amplifier turns non.
- It will automatically turn off with the powered subwoofer, a little while after the signal is discontinued.
- The Definitive Technology ProSub 800 features two protection circuits that ensure that the subwoofer can never be overdriven.
- The ProSub 800 features four integrated feet with rubber tips so you can place it securely and safely on your home's floor.
- Each foot's height is adjustable to help you place the powered sub on an uneven surface.
- The Definitive Technology powered subwoofer has been designed to operate at frequencies generally below 150 Hz.
- Because low-frequency information in this range essentially is non-directional, your subwoofer can be located anywhere in your listening room that is mot convenient.
- Also the continuously variable low-pass filter operate at a very fast roll-off, ensuring great performance wherever you place the subwoofer.
- There are, however, some general rules that you should bear in mind when locating the powered sub.
- For maximum output the subwoofer should be placed in a corner or against the wall.
- Corner placement will increase the subwoofer's efficiency, which in turn will increase your system's maximum output and improve the dynamic capability of the subwoofer.