Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 Center Channel Speaker
Pressure Coupled Radiator Design:
- The ProMonitor center-channel speaker provides clear, high-definition sound by pressure-coupling Definitive's exclusive BDSS technology drivers to two equal-sized mid/bass radiators cleverly placed on the sides of the center-speaker.
- This technique doubles the lower-midrange radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure.
- The result is a warm and life-like sound.
- Definitive Technology's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) driver offers a wide-bandwidth accurate frequency response, broad dispersion, low distortion, and detail retrieval; so you hear more the music with greater accuracy and enjoyment.
- BDSS drivers incorporate the following design features.
- The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress parasitic cone resonance.
- The ProCenter 2000 features a deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone engineered using sophisticated 3D modeling techniques for wide range performance.
- The cone's integrated waveguide smoothes off-axis response for broad, even dispersion and better imaging.
- The driver's high temperature, oversized, lightweight vented voice coil offers improved power handling and quick transient response.
- The voice coil is also lengthened to increase linearity and lower distortion.
- The driver's magnetic system is optimized by finite element analysis to maximize magnetic flux in the gap for high efficiency and linear excursion.
- The die-cast alloy basket minimizes ringing and vibration while the open area minimizes back wave reflection.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 features two 5-1/4" BDSS driver coupled to two side-firing 5-1/4" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiators, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
- The ProCenter 2000 loudspeaker will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability.
- The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Non-Resonant PolyStone Cabinet:
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 uses a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction.
- The speaker cabinet is available in a high-gloss black or white finish.
- The speaker's cabinet features a removable cloth grille.
- The ProCenter 2000 is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 can be mounted on a stand or shelf; or even wall-mounted.
- The ProCenter 2000 has two threaded inserts (1/4"-20) on the back, which can be used with a pair of optional Definitive Technology ProMount brackets (735PMT90, sold separately) or other manufacture wall-mount bracket (sold separately) to mount the ProCenter 2000 on the wall.
- The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 can be placed above or below your television.
- The ProCenter 2000 loudspeaker has a simple built-in device which allows you to adjust the vertical angle of the speaker.
- There is an adjustable rubber-foot on the bottom-rear of the speaker cabinet.
- when you set the center-channel speaker down, the speaker will lean back and rest on this foot.
- By varying how far you screw in-and-out the foot, you can adjust the vertical angle of the speaker.
- It is recommended that you aim the center-speaker so that it aims directly towards the height of the listeners' ears.