Definitive Technology Mythos XTR®-60 Wallspeaker Ultra-Thin Multi-Purpose Home Theater Speaker-(Pair)
- Experience sensational sonic performance that seemingly disappears into walls and ceilings.
- Dt series speakers were developed from the ground up with the highest quality materials. Clear, natural sound springs from high definition drivers, as acoustically optimized tweeters reveal the most delicate of details.
- All while wafer-thin grilles hide in plain sight. Each component specifically selected to maximize performance.
Surround sound to believe in
- Envelop your home in rich, high performance sound from built-in speakers that won’t encroach on your living space.
- Choose from a wide variety of dt series single stereo and surround loudspeakers to create a complete stealth home theater experience.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60 loudspeaker offers maximum versatility for your home theater and flat-panel entertainment system (perfect size for 55"-65" TV); it can be used as an on-wall or shelf-mounted Front, Center, and Surround speaker.
- The Mythos XTR-60 features a high-gloss aircraft-grade extruded aluminum enclosure with proprietary damping technologies to ensure total rigidity and perfectly accurate sound.
- It also features four 3-1/2" XTDD anodized aluminum mid/bass drivers pressure-coupled to four 3-1/2" dome low-bass radiators, and a 1" (25mm) pure aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustically contoured faceplate for excellent high frequency extension, detail, and natural smoothness.
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- The center-mounted 1" tweeter is the same hyper-definition pure aluminum dome tweeter found in Definitive's award-winning state-of-the-art Mythos ST SuperTower.
- The pure aluminum dome tweeter provides clarity, dynamic range, and extended high-frequency response.
XTDD Technology Drivers:
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60 loudspeaker utilizes Definitive's patent-pending XTDD technology anodized aluminum dome drivers for extraordinary performance.
- Using state-of-the-art computer modeling and decades of speaker design experience, Definitive engineers eliminated every inch of wasted space, optimized every part, and maximized the moving surface area of a dynamic driver to shrink it down to a very compact dimension without giving up ultra high performance audio fidelity.
- The XTDD drivers provide dynamic punch, a wide frequency range, and broad dispersion that flat vibrating membrane panel-type speakers simply cannot match.
Pressure Coupled Design:
- To extend and deepen the bass response of such a thin speaker, the four 3.5" XTDD drivers are pressure coupled to four anodized aluminum dome bass radiators.
Ultra-Thin Aluminum Enclosure:
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60 features an ultra-thin (1.5" deep) aircraft-grade aluminum cabinet that fits today's flat-panel televisions perfectly.
- By specially shaping the enclosure and incorporating stiffing ribs and channels, Definitive made the space-efficient extruded aluminum enclosure ultra-rigid and resonance-free.
- The magnets of the XTDD drivers protrude through the rear wall of the enclosure to further minimize depth.
- A thermally conductive gasket seals the enclosure/magnet interface and transfers heat from the driver's rare-earth magnet to the enclosure, making the whole enclosure a giant heat dissipater.
- The Mythos XTR-60 LCR speaker features a black cloth magnetic grille which easily attaches and detaches from the speaker.
- The Mythos XTR-60 is equipped with a plug-in C-clamp speaker terminal to attach your receiver's speaker wire (up to 14 AWG).
- The Mythos XTR-60 can be used as left & right main, center, and surround speakers in your home theater audio system.
- The Mythos XTR-60 can be mounted on the wall or placed on a table-top vertically or horizontally as a left & right main speaker, center speaker, or surround speaker.
- The Mythos XTR-60 can be mounted vertically or horizontally on a tabletop or shelf.
- Two adjustable feet-stabilizers are supplied if you want to place the XTR-60 on a shelf as a center-channel speaker (horizontal orientation).
- The feet-stabilizers screw into the 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on the back of the speaker's enclosure.
- For vertical shelf or tabletop placement, the XTR-60 comes with a smoked tempered glass base.
- The bass assembly attaches to the speaker via the keyhole slots and threaded inserts on back of the enclosure.
- The XTR60 measures 35" tall x 9.625" wide x 6.1875" deep when attached to the included pedestal base.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60 can be mounted directly to the wall using the two key-hole slots on the back of the enclosure and the included wall-mount bracket (mounting screws sold separately).
- The Mythos loudspeaker can be mounted on the wall horizontally or vertically.
- The speaker measures 1.5625" deep with the wall-mount bracket attached.
- A horizontal and vertical template is supplied to help with installation.