Definitive Technology Mythos Ten Multi-Purpose Home Theater Speaker
- Experience sensational sonic performance that seemingly disappears into walls and ceilings.
- Dt series speakers were developed from the ground up with the highest quality materials. Clear, natural sound springs from high definition drivers, as acoustically optimized tweeters reveal the most delicate of details.
- All while wafer-thin grilles hide in plain sight. Each component specifically selected to maximize performance.
Surround sound to believe in
- Envelop your home in rich, high performance sound from built-in speakers that won’t encroach on your living space.
- Choose from a wide variety of dt series single stereo and surround loudspeakers to create a complete stealth home theater experience.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos Ten loudspeaker offers maximum versatility for your home theater and flat-panel entertainment system; it can be used as an on-wall Front, Center, or Surround speaker, or as a shelf-mounted center speaker.
- The Mythos Ten features a high-gloss aircraft-grade extruded aluminum enclosure with proprietary damping technologies to ensure total rigidity and perfectly accurate sound.
- It also features two high-definition BDSS 5-1/4 inch drivers pressure-coupled to two 5 x 8 inch (racetrack-shaped) planar low-bass radiators for a total bass radiating surface greater than a that of a 12 inch woofer , and a 1 inch (25mm) ceramic-coated pure aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustically contoured faceplate for excellent high frequency extension, detail and smoothness.
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- Each Mythos Ten contains a D'Appolito array consisting of two high-definition 5-1/4 inch drivers that are pressure-coupled to two 5 x 8 inch (racetrack-shaped) planar low-bass radiators for a total bass radiating surface greater than that of a 12 inch conventional woofer, surrounding a 1-inch dome tweeter housed in an acoustically isolated sealed enclosure.
- The driver baskets are die cast aluminum.
- The bass roll-off of the Mythos Ten is smooth and controlled, allowing it to seamlessly blend with a powered subwoofer, such as Definitive's SuperCubes, for audiophile-grade home theater performance.
- The tweeter's dome is heat-treated to relax the crystal structure and then coated with a ceramic to produce extended highs.
- The Mythos Ten drivers feature Definitive's patent-pending Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology that supports the speaker cone at both the inner and outer edges for longer, more linear excursion, greater clarity and finely textured inner detail.
- Definitive Technology's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) driver offers a wide-bandwidth accurate frequency response, broad dispersion, low distortion, and detail retrieval; so you hear more the music with greater accuracy and enjoyment. BDSS drivers incorporate the following design features.
- The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress parasitic cone resonance.
- The loudspeaker features a deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone engineered using sophisticated 3D modeling techniques for wide range performance.
- The cone's integrated waveguide smoothes off-axis response for broad, even dispersion and better imaging.
- The driver's high temperature, oversized, lightweight vented voice coil offers improved power handling and quick transient response.
- The voice coil is also lengthened to increase linearity and lower distortion.
- The driver's magnetic system is optimized by finite element analysis to maximize magnetic flux in the gap for high efficiency and linear excursion.
- The die-cast alloy basket minimizes ringing and vibration while the open area minimizes back wave reflection.
- The Mythos Ten will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability.
- The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Extruded Aluminum Enclosure:
- The Mythos Ten enclosure is hand-polished gloss-black aircraft-grade extruded aluminum with proprietary damping technologies that ensure total rigidity.
- All components are mounted on a resonance-free PolyStone baffle.
- These construction technologies along with state-of-the-art drivers and tweeter serve to deliver high-quality sound with a wide soundstage, pinpoint imaging, high dynamic impact, and superb realism.
- The Mythos Ten is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Mythos Ten can be used as left & right main, center, and surround speakers in your home theater audio system.
- The Mythos Ten can be mounted on the wall vertically or horizontally as a left & right main speaker or surround speaker.
- The Mythos Ten can also be use as a center channel speaker and wall-mounted horizontally or placed horizontally on a table-top or shelf.
- The Mythos Ten comes with easy-to-install mounting hardware that allows you to hang the speaker on the wall below, above, or beside your flat-panel television in a vertical or horizontal orientation.
- The Mythos Ten is engineered to be placed flush with the wall and close to the edge of your television while delivering realistic sound that is accurate, with lifelike imaging and clarity.
- The Mythos Ten's wall mount bracket allows direct mounting to a wall.
- A supplied adjustable foot and two self-adhesive rubber feet permit easy shelf mounting when the speaker is used in the horizontal center-channel format.
- The Mythos Ten has a bracket with foot which screws into the speaker's wall-bracket to stabilize the speaker and allows you to adjust the vertical angle when the system is placed on a flat horizontal surface.
- When you set the speaker down, the speaker will lean back and rest on this foot.
- By varying how far you screw in-and-out the foot, you can adjust the vertical angle of the speaker.
- It is recommended that you aim the center-speaker so that it aims directly towards the height of the listeners' ears.