Definitive Technology Mythos Seven Center Channel Speaker
- Experience sensational sonic performance that seemingly disappears into walls and ceilings.
- Dt series speakers were developed from the ground up with the highest quality materials. Clear, natural sound springs from high definition drivers, as acoustically optimized tweeters reveal the most delicate of details.
- All while wafer-thin grilles hide in plain sight. Each component specifically selected to maximize performance.
Surround sound to believe in
- Envelop your home in rich, high performance sound from built-in speakers that won’t encroach on your living space.
- Choose from a wide variety of dt series single stereo and surround loudspeakers to create a complete stealth home theater experience.
- The Definitive Technology Mythos Seven Center-Channel Speaker is the perfect center-speaker solution for your home theater system and flat-panel television.
- The Mythos Seven center-channel speaker features two high-definition 3-1/2 inch drivers pressure-coupled to two 3-1/2 inch planar low-bass radiators, and a 1-inch pure aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustically contoured face plate high frequency extension, detail, and smoothness.
- The Mythos Seven features a hand-polished gloss aircraft-grade extruded aluminum enclosure with proprietary damping technologies to ensure total rigidity and accurate sound.
- The Mythos Seven center-channel speaker also includes a wall-mounting bracket and an adjustable foot.
- Driver Technology
- Enclosure Design
- Mounting Options
- The Definitive Technology Mythos Seven contains a D'Appolito array consisting of two high-definition 3-1/2 inch drivers housed in a air-tight enclosure.
- The drivers feature die cast Aluminum baskets, mono-polymer cones and finite element analysis optimized magnet structures for clear low distortion life-like sound.
- The drivers are pressure-coupled to two 3-1/2 inch planar Low-Bass Radiators for exceptional bass extension not normally found in slim on-wall loudspeakers of this size.
- The bass roll-off of the Mythos Seven is smooth and controlled, allowing it to seamlessly blend with a powered subwoofer, such as Definitive's SuperCubes, for audiophile-grade home theater power and precision.
- A 1-inch Pure Aluminum dome tweeter produces extended highs that reveal nuance and shimmer without a trace of edginess.
- The Mythos Seven will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability.
- The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Extruded Aluminum Enclosure:
- The Mythos Seven enclosure is hand-polished gloss black aircraft-grade extruded aluminum with proprietary damping technologies that ensure total rigidity.
- All of its components are mounted on a resonance-free PolyStone baffle.
- All of these construction technologies, along with state-of-the-art drivers and tweeter, serve to deliver classic Definitive Technology sound quality: wide soundstage, pinpoint imaging, high dynamic impact, and superb realism.
- The Mythos Seven is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
- The Mythos Seven is designed for horizontal use and can be used as either a front or rear center-channels speaker.
- As a center-channel speaker, the Definitive Technology Mythos Seven can be placed above or below your television.
- The Mythos Seven is a table/shelf-mount and on-wall center-channel speaker.
- The Mythos Seven come with easy-to-install mounting hardware that allows it to mount on the wall above or below your television.
- The Mythos Seven comes with a wall mount bracket that allows direct mounting to a wall.
- It also includes hardware that allows you to place the speaker on the TV, on a shelf , or on a table top (surface must be at least 5-inches deep).
- The Mythos Seven has a simple built-in device which allows you to adjust the vertical angle of the speaker.
- There is an adjustable rubber-foot on the bottom-rear of the speaker cabinet.
- when you set the center-channel speaker down, the speaker will lean back and rest on this foot.
- By varying how far you screw in-and-out the foot, you can adjust the vertical angle of the speaker.
- It is recommended that you aim the center-speaker so that it aims directly towards the height of the listeners' ears.