Definitive Technology Cs-9060 Center Channel Speaker
- The Definitive Technology CS9060 center-channel loudspeaker delivers immense clarity and focus to the vocal range, accurately reproducing even the most demanding audio soundtrack content so you can experience every detail of your home theater.
- An aluminum dome tweeter, high-performance midrange BDSS drivers, and an integrated powered subwoofer with Intelligent Bass Control let you hear and feel every note as the artist intends.
- The CS9060 center-channel loudspeaker features one 1" aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs that bring the most demanding audio soundtracks to life.
- The Definitive Technology tweeter is designed to play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
- The Definitive Technology CS9060 employs two 4.5" midrange cone woofers with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology (2nd generation).
- BDSS technology improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
- The CS9060 contains a integrated powered subwoofer that consists of a top-firing 8" woofer and 150 watt amplifier designed to extend the frequency response and dynamic range of the center-channel speaker.
- The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to deepest lows as accurately as possible.
- The integrated powered subwoofer offers deeper, more impactful bass from the center channel speaker without the need to add a separate powered sub.
- Intelligent Bass Control is Definitive Technology's latest advancement that offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall mid-range tonal balance.
- Intelligent Bass Control gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining optimal mid-range clarity regardless of where the bass control is set.
- Simply rotate the dial on the back of the loudspeaker to your preferred bass setting and the speaker will do the rest.
- Definitive Technology recommends starting at the mid-point and then adjust to your preference from there.
- The CS9060 center-channel speaker utilizes a rear-firing slot sport for higher efficiency and deeper bass.
- The Definitive Technology CS9060 uses a resonance-free cabinet for high performance, distortion-free sound.
- The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound.
- The CS9060 loudspeaker's cabinet is wrapped in an acoustically transparent cloth grille for unaltered sound.
- Thanks to the speaker's acoustically transparent grille, you'll enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
- The Definitive Technology CS9060 center-channel loudspeaker is fitted with both speaker-level (binding post) and line-level (LFE/mono-RCA) inputs.
- The speaker terminals are 5-way binding posts that will accommodate spade connectors, single or dual banana plugs, pin-connectors, and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- By connecting the center-channel speaker-level inputs to your AV receiver's center-channel speaker output, the CS9060's internal crossover network distributes all frequencies to their intended drivers, and the integrated subwoofer works harmoniously with the mid-range array.
- In your AV receiver's menu, set the Center-Channel to "Large" and Subwoofer to "No".
- For those you demand greater customization, the CS9060 also features an LFE/mono-RCA input.
- In this setup, your AV receiver's center-channel speaker outputs still connect to the CS9060's binding post speaker terminals, but also requires that the center-channel pre-out of your AV receiver to be connected to the center-channel speaker's LFE/mono-RCA input.
- This type of setup gives you the ability to control the amount of low frequencies (those below the crossover point set in your receiver) sent to the integrated subwoofer.
- Definitive Technology highly recommends setting the center channel speaker to "Small", subwoofer to "Yes", and the crossover point in your receiver to 80Hz or below to avoid disturbing the delicate blending between the subwoofer and midrange.
- In addition, careful balance between the subwoofer output level of your receiver and the bass control on the back of your speaker should be considered (Definitive Technology recommends starting with the bass control at 12 o'clock).
- Do not connect the center-channel's line-level input to your receiver's LFE output; the center-channel speakers are not designed to be a dedicated subwoofer.
- Definitive Technology recommends that you do not use your receiver's auto setup functions, as they can be ineffective in setting up and adjusting speakers with integrated powered subwoofers.
- Configure this center-channel speaker into your home theater system using your AV receiver's manual setup menu.
- Because the CS9060 features a built-in powered subwoofer, you will need to connect the center-channel speaker to an AC outlet. The center-channel's built-in amplifier will automatically turn-on once it's receiving an active signal from your AV receiver and will automatically turn off/standby after 20 minutes of no active signal.
- There is a front-panel LED "D" logo which illuminates when the CS9060's built-in amplifier is on, and turns off when the built-in amp is in standby. The LED "D" logo can be deactivated entirely.
- The Definitive Technology center-channel loudspeaker can be placed on top of a flat-surface; such as a stand, shelf, cabinet or other piece of AV furniture.
- Integrated rubber feet make sure the speaker stays in place and does not scratch your furniture. To optimize its performance, please follow these simple guidelines.
- The center-channel speaker should be placed as close to the center of your television as possible without obstructing your view.
- To receive the full benefit of the built-in powered sub, leave at least 1-2" of space between the top of the speaker and any surface.
Note: This center-channel speaker does not offer wall-mount compatibility.