Definitive Technology CS-8080HD LCR Center Channel Speaker With Built-in Powered Subwoofer
- The CS-8080HD features a 5x10-inch racetrack style subwoofer powered by the built in 300 watt amplifier.
- The active driver is pressure coupled to two 5x10-inch racetrack style passive radiators for a total bass radiating area larger than a 12-inch round woofer.
- The class D amplifier features an integrated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that equalizes the woofer system to extend and smooth the bass response.
- A Linkwitz-Riley crossover network maintains a smooth output around the crossover frequency.
- The upward-firing woofer requires 1" of clearance above the enclosure.
- The two midranges used in the CS-8080HD are 5-1/4" second generation BDSS (Balanced Double Surround System) drivers.
- The midrange cones are injection molded polymer composite with cast aluminum baskets.
- BDSS is Definitive's patented technology that supports the speaker cone at both the inner and outer edges allowing longer and more linear excursion for greater clarity and detail.
- The new Linear Response Waveguide (patent pending) smoothes off-axis frequency response and disperses sound over a wide area (the HD in the part number stands for High Dispersion).
- The tweeter is a pure aluminum dome, heat-treated to relax the crystal structure, then coated with a ceramic to produce extended highs.
- The CS-8080HD is a full-range low-distortion center channel speaker, timbre-matched to blend perfectly with the Definitive Technology BP-8080ST SuperTower main speakers.
- The speaker terminals are gold-plated, 5-way binding posts and will accommodate spade connectors, single or dual banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- In addition to the speaker level inputs (which are required), if the connected receiver/amplifier has a center channel line level output, it can also be used to send signal to the powered subwoofer section of the CS-8080HD (this input should not be used with the receiver's LFE output).
- A rotary knob on the back panel controls the output level (volume) of the powered subwoofer.
- When a signal is delivered to the CS-8080HD the amplifier automatically turns on and the rear panel LED lights.
- Once the signal is removed the amplifier automatically turns off (after about an hour).