Definitive Technology A90 Dolby Atmos® Tower Speakers
Take Home Theater Sound Higher With Definitive Technology And Dolby Atmos
- If you're looking for an easy way to seamlessly integrate dolby atmos surround sound with your definitive technology bp-9020, bp-9040, or bp-9060 tower speakers, we have something to show you.
- When you add these definitive technology a90 speaker modules to those towers, you can get some pretty amazing home theater sound.
- They work with dolby atmos soundtracks to add a height dimension to your home theater, for enhanced immersion and spatial effects.
Definitive Technology A90 Dolby Atmos Speaker
- The a90s fit on top of definitive technology bp-9000 series powered tower speakers (sold separately) to add dolby atmos elevation effects for more immersive surround sound
Bounce Sound Of The Ceiling For Enhanced Surround Effects
How Do These Speakers Work?
- Each module features definitive's superb 4-1/2" mid/bass driver and 1" aluminum dome tweeter on the top of the speaker.
- These drivers are angled and feature controlled dispersion, so they can reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening positions. The a90 speakers attach to the top of the towers.
- Use a pair of a90s with your front towers, or add another pair to a set of rear surround towers for an even more enveloping experience.
Custom-built for the BP-9000 Series Powered Towers
- The a90 speaker modules are a snap to install. Just remove the brushed aluminum cap on top of each tower speaker, and line up the speaker connector plug on the bottom of each a90 with the connector port on top of the tower.
- Gently push the a90s down, and you're ready for an intense home theater experience.
- The a90's hidden integrated connector port terminates at the base of the tower speaker with a pair of binding post speaker terminals for connection to your dolby atmos compatible receiver's "Height" or "Top" outputs.
FeaturesDolby Atmos Elevation Speaker Module:
- Definitive technology designed the a90 elevation module as a dedicated height speaker designed specifically for the bp9060, bp9040, and bp9020 models so you can fully enjoy a dolby atmos multi-dimensional sound experience within your home theater setup.
- The a90 easily connects and sits within the top of the bp9000 speaker to fire sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area.
- The definitive technology a90 dolby atmos elevation speaker module seamlessly integrates within the top of the following definitive technology bp9000 series tower speakers - bp9020, bp9040, & bp9060 (all sold separately).
- The a90 adds approximately 3.875" to the overall height of the bp 9000 series tower loudspeakers.
- The definitive technology a90 is fitted with a proprietary male connector, which plugs into the proprietary female connector on top of the bp9000 series tower speakers.
- You will also need to run speaker wire from your dolby amos av receiver's "Height" speaker outputs to your bp9000 series tower speaker's "Height" terminal inputs.
- The definitive technology a90 dolby atmos elevation speaker module employs a two-way driver design with a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a 4.5" midrange cone woofer.
- The speaker's crystal clear highs and detailed midrange bring the most demanding audio to life.
- Definitive technology's tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
- The definitive technology a90 dolby atmos elevation speaker module utilizes a sloped speaker baffle and exclusive foam construction to provide richness and depth to the sound.
- The dolby atmos elevation speaker module fires sound upwards, reflecting it off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area in a tightly controlled dispersion pattern, damping the sound that remains.
- The definitive technology a90 uses a resonance-free cabinet w/ acoustically transparent grille for high performance sound.
- The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound.
- Thanks to the speaker's acoustically transparent grille, you'll enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
- With dolby atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth.
- Dolby atmos is the first home theater system that is based not on channels, but on audio objects.
- Filmmakers using dolby atmos can decide exactly where those sounds should originate and precisely where they move as the scene develops.
- To deliver the full object-based soundtrack to home theaters, dolby developed new home authoring tools and new encoding methods that allow all the audio objects created for the cinema to be used in home theater.
- To experience dolby atmos using the definitive technology a90 elevation speaker module, you'll also need the following.
- A minimum of a 5.1ch speaker system with a pair of definitive technology bp9000 series tower speakers (bp9020, bp9040, or bp9060).
- A dolby atmos enabled av receiver or pre-processor.
- A blu-ray disc player, compatible blu-ray game console, or connected streaming player set to its pcm bit stream output option (must be connected via hdmi).
- Dolby atmos encoded source material (blur-ay disc, game disc, streaming content, etc.)
- To achieve the best dolby atmos experience possible, your room's ceiling should meet the following requirements.
- You ceiling should be flat.
- Your ceiling material should be acoustically reflective (examples include drywall, plaster, hardwood, or other rigid, non-sound absorbing material).
- Ideal ceiling height is between 7.5' and 12'.
- Maximum recommended ceiling height is 14'.