Cambridge Audio TOPAZ AM5 (Black) Stereo Amplifier
- the unit will become hot when in use.
- Do not stack multipleUnits on top of each other.
- Do not place in an enclosed area such as aBookcase or in a cabinet without sufficient ventilation.
- Ensure that small objects do not fall through any ventilation grille.
- If thisHappens, switch off immediately, disconnect from the mains supply andContact your dealer for advice.
- Choose the installation location carefully.
- Avoid placing it in direct sunlightOr close to a source of heat.
- No naked flame sources, such as lightedCandles, should be placed on the unit. Also avoid locations subject toVibration and excessive dust, cold or moisture.
- The unit can be used in aModerate climate.
- This unit must be installed on a sturdy, level surface.
- Do not place in aSealed area such as a bookcase or in a cabinet. Do not place the unit onAn unstable surface or shelf.
- The unit may fall, causing serious injury to aChild or adult as well as serious damage to the product.
- Do not place otherEquipment on top of the unit.Due to stray magnetic fields turntables or crt tvs should not be locatedNearby due to possible interference.
- Electronic audio components have a running in period of around a week(if used several hours per day).
- This will allow the new components toSettle down, the sonic properties will improve over this time.
- The unit should be operated only from the type of power source indicatedOn the marking label.
- If you are not sure of the type of power-supply to yourHome, consult your product dealer or local power company.
- To turn the unit off, switch off at the front panel.
- If you do not intend toUse this unit for a long period of time, unplug it from the mains socket.
- Do not overload wall outlets or extension cord as this can result in a riskOf fire or electric shock.
- Overloaded ac outlets, extension cords, frayedPower cords, damaged or cracked wire insulation, and broken plugs areDangerous.
- They may result in a shock or fire hazard.Be sure to insert each power cord securely.
- To prevent hum and noise, doNot bundle the interconnect leads with the power cord or speaker leads.
- To clean the unit, wipe its case with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Do not use anyCleaning fluids containing alcohol, ammonia or abrasives. Do not spray anAerosol at or near the unit.
- Please dispose of any discharged batteries according to localEnvironmental/electronic waste disposal guidelines.
- Before making any connections to loudspeakers, make sure all power isTurned off and only use suitable interconnects.
- These units are not user serviceable, never attempt to repair, disassembleOr reconstruct the unit if there seems to be a problem.
- A serious electricShock could result if this precautionary measure is ignored.
- In the eventOf a problem or failure, please contact your deale
- Check the impedance of your speakers.
- You can use types with anImpedance of between 4 and 8 ohms.
- The red coloured speaker terminals are positive (+) and the black speakerTerminals are negative (-).
- Make sure correct polarity is maintained atEach speaker connector or the sound can become weak and “phasey”With little bass.
Using Bare Wire Connections
- Prepare the speaker cords for connection by stripping off approximately10mm (3/8”) or less of the outer insulation.
- More than 10mm couldCause a short circuit. Twist the wires tightly together so there are no looseEnds.
- Unscrew the speaker terminal, insert the speaker cable, tightenThe terminal and secure the cable.