Cambridge Audio Topaz Am10 Stereo Integrated Amplifier
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier is equipped with a full discrete 2-channel power amplifier. The AM10 integrated amplifier can support a wide range of external audio sources thanks to 5 rear-panel analog stereo inputs and a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input. The Cambridge Audio AM10 is equipped with binding-post speaker terminals to connect a pair of loudspeakers and a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack to plug-in a set of headphones. An IR remote control is included for wireless operation.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 employs a true 35 watts RMS x 2-channel fully-discrete power amplifier (into 8-ohms). The amplifier can handle impedances between 4 and 8 ohms.
Rugged Chassis Design:
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier has been carefully designed with a brushed aluminum front-panel, rigid metal chassis, and internal bracing to prevent resonance and improve sound quality.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier utilizes a custom low-flux toroidal transformer for audiophile performance.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier features a front-panel LCD for the display of information, such as the selected input source, volume, and tone/balance level.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 features a front-panel rotary dial to increase or decrease the level (-80 to 0) of the sound from the speakers outputs and headphone output of the unit. You can also use the included remote control to adjust the volume level.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 offers Bass (100Hz) and Treble (10kHz) controls which are adjustable from -10 to +10dB. The unit also allows you to balance the unit's speaker outputs left-to-right (+/-10).
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the integrated amplifier. The included remote control will also operate playback function of the Cambridge Audio CD10 CD player (779CD10, sold separately).
5 Rear-Panel Inputs:
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier is equipped with 5 rear-panel analog stereo RCA inputs (MP3/Aux, CD, tuner, Phono, BD/DVD). These analog stereo RCA terminals are suited for any line-level source.
- This input has a built-in phono stage. Turntables fitted with a moving magnet (MM) or high-output moving coil (MC) cartridge can be used.
- Low output moving coil types (<1mV and normally 10-1,000 ohm load impedance) cannot be directly connected.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier features a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for temporary connection of a portable digital audio player.
- Connecting an audio device to the front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input will override the unit's rear-panel RCA auxiliary input.
- The integrated amplifier's analog stereo RCA record output lets you connect a tape recorder or CD-burner. The unit's record output is not affected by the volume control or tone adjustments.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier is equipped with 4 binding-post speaker terminals to connect a pair of bookshelf or floor-standing loudspeakers. The binding-post terminals will accept bare wire, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The binding post terminals are color-coded (red/black) to distinguish positive and negative.
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone socket for connection of a set of headphones. The amplifier's speaker outputs are muted when headphones are connected.
- Headphones with an impedance of between 32 and 600 ohms are recommended.
Detachable IEC Power Cord:
- The Cambridge Audio AM10 integrated amplifier includes a detachable 5' IEC power cord.
- Power Output: 35 watts (into 8 ohms)
- THD (un-weighted):
- <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% rated power
- <0.15% 20Hz-20kHz, 80% rated power
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 50,000Hz
- S/N Ratio (ref 1w): >82dB (un-weighted)
- Input Impedances: 47k ohms
- Damping Factor: >50
- Maximum Power Consumption: 260 watts